Reply
Posted Aug 6, 2009
5:37:17 PM
View profile
voice mail retrieval

How do I retrieve voice mail from a land line?

 

 

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 6, 2009 6:23:19 PM
0
(0)
Master
Edited by Zandora on Aug 6, 2009 at 6:47:15 PM

Call your cell phone number.

 

When it picks up, hit *

 

Then enter your PIN.

 

Hope you remember it if it was from long ago.

 

If you don't remember, you need to dial your VM from your cell and then go thru the menu to reset the VM password.

Message Edited by Zandora on 08-06-2009 09:47:15 PM
Accepted Solution

voice mail retrieval

16,258 views
17 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Post reply
Replies
(17)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 6, 2009 6:23:19 PM
0
(0)
Master
Edited by Zandora on Aug 6, 2009 at 6:47:15 PM

Call your cell phone number.

 

When it picks up, hit *

 

Then enter your PIN.

 

Hope you remember it if it was from long ago.

 

If you don't remember, you need to dial your VM from your cell and then go thru the menu to reset the VM password.

Message Edited by Zandora on 08-06-2009 09:47:15 PM

Re: voice mail retrieval

[ Edited ]
2 of 18 (16,253 Views)
Solution
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2009 8:12:12 AM
0
(0)
Guru

Zandora wrote:

Call your cell phone number.

 

When it picks up, hit *

 

Then enter your PIN.

 

Hope you remember it if it was from long ago.

 

If you don't remember, you need to dial your VM from your cell and then go thru the menu to reset the VM password.

Message Edited by Zandora on 08-06-2009 09:47:15 PM

OP has land line... 

 

Re: voice mail retrieval

3 of 18 (16,033 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2009 11:46:59 AM
0
(0)
Master

ipk316 wrote:
OP has land line... 

Yes, I saw that.

 

I answered his question. What seems to be confusing?

Re: voice mail retrieval

4 of 18 (16,018 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2009 12:08:06 PM
0
(0)
Guru

Zandora wrote:

ipk316 wrote:
OP has land line... 

Yes, I saw that.

 

I answered his question. What seems to be confusing?


"call your cell number"? really??? FYI land line is a wired line and not Cell/Mobile/wireless... 

 

Re: voice mail retrieval

5 of 18 (16,013 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2009 1:22:26 PM
0
(0)
Explorer
Edited by pixelmountain on Aug 18, 2009 at 1:24:11 PM

ipk316 wrote: "call your cell number"? really??? FYI land line is a wired line and not Cell/Mobile/wireless... 

 


I would interpret the OP's question as "how to I retrieve my cell phone's voice mail by dialing from a landline."

 

Message Edited by pixelmountain on 08-18-2009 01:23:25 PM
Message Edited by pixelmountain on 08-18-2009 01:24:11 PM

Re: voice mail retrieval

[ Edited ]
6 of 18 (16,006 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2009 2:15:32 PM
0
(0)
Master
Edited by Zandora on Aug 18, 2009 at 2:16:14 PM

pixelmountain wrote:

ipk316 wrote: "call your cell number"? really??? FYI land line is a wired line and not Cell/Mobile/wireless... 

 


I would interpret the OP's question as "how to I retrieve my cell phone's voice mail by dialing from a landline."

Thank you, pixelmountain.

 

Yes. That is how I interpreted OP's question...

 

"How do I retrieve my cell phone VM from a landline?"

 

That is the question I answered.

Message Edited by Zandora on 08-18-2009 05:16:14 PM

Re: voice mail retrieval

[ Edited ]
7 of 18 (15,995 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2009 4:57:37 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by dmapr on Aug 18, 2009 at 4:59:39 PM

Zandora wrote:

 

Thank you, pixelmountain.

 

Yes. That is how I interpreted OP's question...

 

"How do I retrieve my cell phone VM from a landline?"

 

That is the question I answered.


That you did and it's crystal clear if you ask me :smileyvery-happy: Apparently not everyone is aware of the fact that it is possible to place a call to a cell phone number from a landline but lets hope the OP is.

Message Edited by dmapr on 08-18-2009 04:59:39 PM
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: voice mail retrieval

[ Edited ]
8 of 18 (15,973 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2009 6:51:01 PM
0
(0)
Master

dmapr wrote:

That you did and it's crystal clear if you ask me :smileyvery-happy: Apparently not everyone is aware of the fact that it is possible to place a call to a cell phone number from a landline but lets hope the OP is.


I was confused about the confusion :smileyhappy:

 

Glad to know I wasn't losing my mind.

Re: voice mail retrieval

9 of 18 (15,957 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2009 7:04:35 PM
0
(0)
Guru
OP never said that he/she wants to retrieve VM from Cell phone... Obviously some people don't know that people can leave VM on Land line...

Re: voice mail retrieval

10 of 18 (15,951 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2009 4:21:01 AM
0
(0)
Master

ipk316 wrote:
OP never said that he/she wants to retrieve VM from Cell phone... Obviously some people don't know that people can leave VM on Land line...


 

This is a cell phone forum.

 

Connect the dots.

Re: voice mail retrieval

11 of 18 (7,663 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2009 5:35:30 AM
0
(0)
Contributor
Thank you for the help. I was able to retrieve voice mails from my land line that were on my cell. 

Re: voice mail retrieval

12 of 18 (7,680 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2009 8:53:56 AM
0
(0)
Guru
My bead... I confused my self on this one...

Re: voice mail retrieval

13 of 18 (7,649 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2009 4:04:06 PM
0
(0)
Master

ipk316 wrote:
My bead... I confused my self on this one...

 

LOL.

 

No problem. I've confused myself (and others) many a time.

 

As long as the OP was helped that's all that matters.

Re: voice mail retrieval

14 of 18 (7,632 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2009 6:07:44 PM
0
(0)
Master

hogansdaddy wrote:
Thank you for the help. I was able to retrieve voice mails from my land line that were on my cell. 

 

Glad to hear your problem is solved.

Re: voice mail retrieval

15 of 18 (7,621 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2009 8:25:21 PM
0
(0)
Professor
I'm getting a headache...:smileyhappy:

Re: voice mail retrieval

16 of 18 (7,498 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2010 4:27:50 PM
0
(0)
Contributor
I understand how to get to voice mail from land line BUT does this use any of your minutes to retrieve?

Re: voice mail retrieval

17 of 18 (6,329 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2010 10:01:31 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Master

letitride wrote:
I understand how to get to voice mail from land line BUT does this use any of your minutes to retrieve?

 

No. Calling from a land line does not use cell minutes. In fact calling from another AT&T cell phone uses mobile to mobile minutes.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: voice mail retrieval

18 of 18 (6,321 Views)
Share this post
Share this post