07-30-2012 08:23:57 PM
I use a bluetooth headset when I drive. I am having some issues with s-voice when using the bluetooth device.
1) S-voice has voice prompts which are essential when driving since I do not want to look at the phone. I find that the voice prompts periodically shut off. This despite the fact that I did not press the icon to shut the voice prompts off and the icon indicates that the voice prompts are still on. In fact toogling the icon will not turn this back on. The only way to get it working again is to exit S-voice and reenter it. But this happens when I am driving and I cannot fool with the phone at that time.
2) There is a mode called driving mode but I have no idea what this does. It is not explained in the manual.
3) It would be nice if the voice prompts were always on when bluetooth is connected or there was a command to turn them on.
4) without the voice prompts the phone just beeps at me but I have no idea what it is doing without looking at the phone, something I like to avoid doing when driving.
5) actually I do not need all the functionality of S-voice, all I want to an application that would dial the phone. If there was a simpler application that did that reliably and talked to me and did not do all the other stuff that I don't need or care about that would be great. The Blackberry dial application worked well and did not require a network connection to work
1) does anyone know an alternative application that would just dial the phone and be activated instead of S-voice
2) Does someone know how to turn on the voice prompts with a verbal command or make it so it never shuts off
3) Does anyone know what the Driving mode does?
07-31-2012 05:32:37 AM
08-07-2012 11:26:38 AM
S-Voice does have some settings you can edit (Menu>Settings) and can be "woken up" by hitting the home button twice.
When enabled, driving mode reads incoming calls and new notifications out loud automatically
As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.
Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
08-08-2012 07:06:22 PM
I couldn't get S-Voice to work at all. Then it dawned on me that my phone has a permanent Bluetooth connection to an XLink at home. Turned off the Bluetooth, and S-Voice started working.
The point of this is, I suspect that more than a single Bluetooth connection has potential for problems with S-Voice.