08-05-2012 01:30:10 PM
I purchased the Samsung Galaxy S3 a month ago and have numerous problems. I wondered if others are experiencing these problems or if I have a bad phone
- Poor reception and dropped calls - I switched from an iPhone 4, and my Galaxy drops calls and has poor/no reception in places where my iPhone always worked.
- Problems with apps with in-app players - I had problems with apps that have in-app audio players. In the Nike Running app, the in-app music player worked a couple of times, but now it does not play at all. If you select "Power Songs", it crashes. There is an app called "Audiobooks" that I loved on my iPhone. I downloaded it for the Galaxy, and it has never worked. When you select a book, the app crashes.
- In email, an email's text is often not visible. Emails will have blank areas. If I hit forward or reply, the email is perfectly legible.
- In general, I am restarting the phone almost every day due to application hangs, calls not connecting, apps not working. Is this normal for Android? I would go months without restarting my iphone.
- Battery life -- Now, I had a iPhone, so I thought I was used to poor battery life. Granted at the beginning, I had tons of things on. GPS, sync, widgets on my home screen and my battery did not make it until noon. I turned off everything I could find, but it still does not last a day, even with low-moderate usage. I am not sure what the point of having cool functions like GPS, widgets, weather alerts or other notifications if you can't actually use them?
- Alarm clock - If the alarm goes off, and I hit snooze, I have found out the hard way that any notification will kill the alarm and it will no longer go off. Calendar reminder, task reminder, etc. I downloaded a different alarm, and so far it has always gone off, but I am not sure I've had a notification come through while it was in snooze mode.
- Hot when charging - I have seen others post about how hot the battery gets when the phone is charging. I would like to get a case, but I am a little scared that it will insulate the phone further and cause it to overheat.
I really want to love this phone, but everyday there is something that does not work. The dropped calls, not being able to make calls and app failures are just maddening. Is anyone else having these problems?
08-05-2012 10:52:08 PM
Try factoring resetting, it usually fixes a lot of these problems...its probably a software issue
As for battery life
Download Juice Defender, it helps A LOT with battery life
08-06-2012 01:07:34 PM
No, for any of those areas that apply to me, I'm not having those problems!