08-09-2012 12:22:20 PM
I have tried to upgrade the Skyrocket periodically to ICS since it was announced. I have tried at all hours. The Samsung site no longer has the busy server banner.
Here is what is wrong: Kies identifies the phone and the ugrade notification pops up.
I click accept.
I am sent to the main Kies page with an added ugrade button.
It does not function.
Here is what I have tried:
Disable pop up blocker
Disable firewall and virus software on PC (has never been an issue before, typical allow window and I verify). I also turned off Trend Micro on the Skyrocket.
I removed Kies in Control Panel and reloaded twice. Checked all Kies updates.
In frustration I tried the " Iniitialize and upgrade" in the Kies menu bar. Nothing happened.
In a final capitulation I backed up all apps and data, removed the sd card, then did a manual hard reset to factory defaults.
With the SD card removed and a pristine Skyrocket, I tried Kies, got the pop up, tried the main page button and nothing.
I tried the menu initialize and upgrade button on Kies and nothing happens.I leave it running for hours.
I restored all my back up apps and data and gave up. This finally on 8/8
I have read everything on the Internet in general and forums I can find.
If anyone has any technical insite I would appreciate your input.
08-11-2012 04:39:17 PM
I have been playing with these boxes since before DOS. I forgot Rule #1, When all else fails, yank the plug. I had the same DSL line but loaded Kies on a different computer in the house.
My box is not getting the pop up permission windows. I run Trend Micro Titanium on every computer and I don't understand what the problem is. I listed all of my steps above and didn't include that I also used the factory USB cable and moved it around to different ports.
I left the Internet Options/Privacy pop up blocker checked on the other computer to try that first. I got the secruity windows, gave permissions and upgraded very smoothly.
I maintain, repair and build my boxes but it doesn't mean I understand how someone's software works. The only other thing I can think of is that I have scripting disabled on this laptop and not on the other, but it hasn't been a problem before.
Either way, thanks again for your suggestion. I overlooked the obvious next step.