Posted Feb 5, 2013
6:49:41 PM
Samsung Galaxy s3 Wifi is really slow on youtube?

It takes forever to Watch Youtube videos in HD (like 5-10 minutes ) and even slow for Non HD or HQ ( like 2-5 minutes). My Internet Download speed according to Speedtest.net ( on Wifi mind you ) is anywhere between 15 MBPS and 25 MBPS. MY Galaxy s3 is the Red one and is on Jelly bean if that matters

Samsung Galaxy s3 Wifi is really slow on youtube?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2013 9:45:29 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Are you using an app or navigating to the mobile YouTube site?

Do you notice the same if you use a different video service like Vimeo?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 Wifi is really slow on youtube?

2 of 6 (2,344 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2013 9:49:18 AM
(0)
Mentor
I am using the YouTube app... It also seems wifi is generally slow on this phone. I don't have an issue with any other device that uses wifi

3 of 6 (2,339 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2013 7:34:54 PM
(0)
Mentor

I guess ill just bring it in and see if i can exchange it... maybe its the phone thats the issue

4 of 6 (2,306 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2013 7:49:56 PM
(0)
Contributor
I am having the same problem on my Note 2. I Noticed it when I updated the YouTube app.

5 of 6 (2,301 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2013 1:01:31 AM
(0)
Tutor
Use the youtube speedtest since speedtest.net doesn't matter in your case. You should be getting a 8-10MB connection with Youtube. Also, note that Youtube is very slow between 1PM-5PM EST due to high traffic. So try running youtube at different times.

6 of 6 (2,254 Views)