Posted Feb 16, 2012
Wifi issue after 2.3.6 update on Atrix 4G
My wifi keeps disconnecting after the new update any one else having this issue?
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
10-3-2012 10:26:09 PM
(0)
Teacher
Well after waiting months for the ics update hoping would fix these issues I'm having with the Atrix 4G. At&t and Motorola have now left us a phone with lots of problems and no support for a once flagship phone. Now that they have officially canceled the update. After dealing with at&t for months saying the update was coming my warranty is now up and at&t strung me along knowing this. When are contract is up soon I think we will have to move on to a better company that cares about it's customers.
Accepted Solution

Wifi issue after 2.3.6 update on Atrix 4G

41 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(41)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 17, 2012
(0)
Contributor
My Motorola ATRIX is doing the same. Going to buy a new router and try I few other things I found on few of forums Model number: MB860 Android version: 2.3.6 Motorola ATRIX 4G

My motorola atrix is doing the same thing

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 17, 2012
(0)
Tutor

YES!

Sucks big time.  Changing your AP/Router is not the solution...I can't ask my work to replace $10K worth of APs because of my stupid issue.

Re: Wifi issue after 2.3.6 update on Atrix 4G

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 17, 2012
(0)
Tutor

Having the same issue...contacted Motorola, who gave me some things to try (sim card removal, toying with wireless settings, etc.) and none of them worked. Issue only popped up until I went from 2.3.4 to 2.3.6. It's NOT the router/modem or the Atrix hardware. It is an update issue, which needs to be resolved. It looks as though the Atrix wifi adapter is turning itself off and then back on again.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 17, 2012
(0)
Contributor

I can confirm I am having the same issue. Never had a WiFi connection issues until I updated to 2.3.6. . 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 18, 2012
(0)
Teacher
Thank you for responding only thing ive found to help is using a static ip adress for my home wifi. Hope they send out a patch for the wifi issue.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 18, 2012
(0)
Tutor
Did any of you contact Motorola about this? They may want to hear about it ...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 20, 2012
(0)
Contributor

Same problem! I contacted motorola, they asked me to use factory reset. It does work. Factory reset keeps the update and the issue remains!!!! So annoying!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 20, 2012
(0)
Tutor
Yeah - I did (1) a factory reset - wiped everything, (2) messed with my router/modem settings, (3) did the power cycle thing, (4) removed the battery and sim card, (5) tried another wifi manager, (6) messed with the Atrix' wifi settings, and (7) then gave up.

Here's what I'm seeing - my wifi indicator (at the top right) will be solid blue, then will go grey/gray, then will be colorless/transparent, then will disappear, as though the adapter is turning off. Then it will turn back on -
it happens every 2-3 minutes. Really friggin' annoying. I've been trying to download some large games and haven't made it to the end, yet.

Keep complaining to them (Motorola/AT&T), they need to get into their heads that the 2.3.6 update was/is rubbish.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 20, 2012
(0)
Contributor
sorry for typo! factory reset doesn't work.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 20, 2012
(0)
Tutor
Wait - hold the fort! I have a Belkin router and changed the DHCP lease time from forever to 2 days, which seemed to work. I also made sure that I was on N and not G or B or anything else. I actually have things stabilized. Maybe not the 'Rubbish 2.3.6' update, after all.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 21, 2012
(0)
Tutor

Are there any other issues regarding the update?  I have not updated mine yet (wi-fi location not convenient for me and I hardly use it), however, if there are other issues, I would be hesitant in getting the update done.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 21, 2012
(0)
Contributor
Thx God ive no problems with wifi, but what happened with screen and colors after that stupid update. No bright colors, no clear yellow. Is it only at my phone???

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 21, 2012
(0)
Tutor

Since the update I been having the same problem.  I also notice the data is graying is turning off and on.  I have done a factory reset, remove the battery and sim.  But still have the same problem.  I have tried two different routers from different locations and get the same response.  Hopefully Moto is listening and working on a fix.  I read this before with the Nexus when it got the update.  Thought the problem would be fix.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 23, 2012
(0)
Tutor

I have a question about the factory reset option.  Doesn't this wipe all of your data away?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 23, 2012
(0)
Tutor
yes

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 28, 2012
(0)
Contributor

I am also having this issue. This has never happened prior to updating to 2.3.6.

Because of using data without realizing I had been disconnected from my WiFi, I am now in danger of eclipsing my data limit. I'm starting to smell a conspiracy... =/

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 28, 2012
(0)
Tutor
Question for everyone. All of u having this issue, r u using a Belkin router to connect via wifi? Noticed i only have this problem with belkin router. Works fine on cisco router.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 29, 2012
(0)
Teacher
Yes I also have a belkin router but my phone never had an issue before the update staying connected.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 29, 2012
(0)
Tutor
Mine didnt either before the update. Looks like the update effected those with wifi networks using belkin routers.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 29, 2012
(0)
Tutor
I have a Belkin N150 and had the update wifi issue, until I changed the DHCP lease time. Haven't tried any other routers and won't buy another one, any time soon. Other forums seem to point to it as being primarily a Belkin issue.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 29, 2012
(0)
Contributor

I have the same issue.  I use a d-link router.  I also experience connection issues wirh a bluetooth headset any time wifi is turned on.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 1, 2012
(0)
Scholar
Having problems here also since the update. I have the 5 gig data plan whereby I use my Atrix as a mobile hotspot. The data arrows turn gray quite often, causing my laptop to not be able to browse the net. It's very frustrating, and I hope they get a patch out ASAP to fix these issues!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 1, 2012
(0)
Contributor

Hello Dudes... Got the solution for the problem.. I have also experianced the same problem for the past one month. but today i have solved the problem..

The solution is, please update the firmware version of the router you are using for the Wi-Fi. we must be using the latest firmware version. I am in touch with the Motorola for the past 4 days and they have suggested me few things..

1. Check the wi-fi sleep policy of the mobile (advanced options in wi-fi settings), and change it to never,

2. Check connectivity with another router,

3. Check the firmware version of the router you are using, and update it to the latest version.

the third one work perfectly for me.

Thank you Motorola

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 1, 2012
(0)
Contributor
I have a Belkin N router and tried everything you listed above except number 2. My sleep policy was already set to "never" and my router's up to date (firmware version 4.00.05). I have a feeling it won't matter what router I use-I'll still continue to have issues. I also have connectivity issues with the 4g network as well. The only thing I'm wondering at this point is whether or not I can revert back to 2.3.4 since I don't think a resolution is in the near future. Any thoughts?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 1, 2012
(0)
Tutor
So far this has been working for me.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 1, 2012
(0)
Tutor
*changing dchp lease time

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 2, 2012
(0)
Scholar

This fix won't work for me either, as I'm not using a router. There is a definite problem on the phone side whereby the phone stops sending and receving data. The H+ logo turns grey, and the arrows are no longer blue, but dark grey. Sometimes I have to reboot the phone to get it to begin transferring data again.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 3, 2012
(0)
Contributor

TheCelticHitman wrote:
I have a Belkin N router and tried everything you listed above except number 2. My sleep policy was already set to "never" and my router's up to date (firmware version 4.00.05). I have a feeling it won't matter what router I use-I'll still continue to have issues. I also have connectivity issues with the 4g network as well. The only thing I'm wondering at this point is whether or not I can revert back to 2.3.4 since I don't think a resolution is in the near future. Any thoughts?

Okay. I changed the DHCP time to '2days' from 'forever' and so far, so good. I've been connected via wifi for about 15 minutes now with no connectivity problems. This seems to be a band aid and no real, true solution. My question now is, will I have to punch in the security password every 2 days when I want to connect to this specific router now since the DCHP time is set to 2 days?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 3, 2012
(0)
Tutor
@TheCelticHitman - I haven't had to do so; have been operating as normal for about 1-2 weeks now (since I changed from forever to 2 days).