08-22-2008 09:18:30 AM
We listen to the feedback on U-talk, and we know that Weather On Demand is a top priority for all of you. And it's been a top priority for the U-verse team.
We're now trialing a new Weather On Demand feature in the DFW and Austin markets.
Weather On Demand will help you find the weather information you want, in the city you want, at the time you want - which means you don't have to wait for the 8's! It will allow you to:
- View weather information for cities throughout the country that you select.
- View current local conditions, including high/low temperature, humidity, wind, visibility and barometric pressure.
- Get local and nationwide forecasts, including hourly and 6-day outlooks.
- Access local and national radar imagery and satellite views.
- Watch videos of meteorologists presenting the local weather updates.
DFW and Austin customers can now access Weather On Demand on channel 227 or through the Menu, under the Interactive heading. When you first access the feature, you can set up your home city and also save other cities to your "My Cities" list. You can search and select cities by name, zip code or by looking at a U.S. map. You can then view the local conditions for any of your favorite cities at the touch of a button. As with any of our interactive features, it's available at no extra charge.
We realize this is a highly-anticipated feature, but we want to make sure we get it right. We'll be rolling out our trial to a few markets by the end of the year, and expect the feature to be available to all customers next year.
We'll keep you updated on Weather On Demand, and as always, thanks for your support of AT&T U-verse!