Posted Oct 24, 2013
5:15:30 AM
Iphone 5S group messaging

I am having issues with my group messaging.  On Tuesday (10/22/2013), I wasn't getting group messages, but they came through on my phone early Wednesday morning.  After I received those messages, I have not received any group messages since then.  I group message on a daily basis with several coworkers and I know they have been sending messages all day yesterday and several this morning.  One of the coworkers on my group messages also has an iphone 5s on AT&T and she is not having any issues.  I have turned my phone off and on several times.  I think this may be an issue related to the most recent software update.  Can anyone help??

Iphone 5S group messaging

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 24, 2013 5:59:25 AM
(0)
Contributor

This issues are generally shows in so many iPhone users but as per the your issue concern I would like to say that you need to see the setting of your group messaging for that you have followed following steps: Settings > Messages > Group messaging is toggled on??  If this option is off then there will be chances of exist this kind of issues.

Re: Iphone 5S group messaging

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 24, 2013 9:16:17 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for the reply.  I do have group messaging turned on.  I can group message using imessage with other iphone users just fine.  but if there is a non-iphone user on the group text, then i am not receiving any replies.  the others are receiving my texts in the group text, but i am not receiving any of theirs, even from other iphone users.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 24, 2013 10:16:56 AM
(0)
Expert

kyhwk3 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  I do have group messaging turned on.  I can group message using imessage with other iphone users just fine.  but if there is a non-iphone user on the group text, then i am not receiving any replies.  the others are receiving my texts in the group text, but i am not receiving any of theirs, even from other iphone users.

when using apple;'s Imessage app between apple devices it utilizes data since it is a propiertary messaging system, when you send a text to a non-apple device the message using the SMS/MMS protocol and not going through Apples Imessage servers, same as the reply from non-apple device. Do you have cellular data turned off by any chance? You might also check the Apple support forums to see if there are any otehr reports likes this

[ Edited ]