Posted Sep 1, 2013
Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

Will unlimited data be available for the iPhone 5S?

Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

17 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Replies
(17)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 1, 2013
(0)

trundle wrote:

Will unlimited data be available for the iPhone 5S?

short answer no, long answer - if you do not already have the unlimited data for smartphone plan that costed 30.00 before it was discontunued then you won't have it available for the Iphone 5S

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 1, 2013
(0)

If you don't already have unlimited data because you had it and were grandfathered in, you won't get it.  If the question is whether AT&T will let you keep unlimited data, no one knows until they announce, and I doubt they will announce anything until Apple announces the existence of the next iPhone.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 1, 2013
(0)

I have a Gradfathered Unlimited Data Plan and was just wondering if it will carry forward to the new iPhone 5S that will be announced on the 10th and on sale the 20th...

Any clues?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 1, 2013
(0)
If you have the unlimited data plan already, then yes, you should be able to use it with the iPhone 5S or whatever Apple decides to call it. :smileytongue: Just make sure to ask the Att representative that you wish to keep the plan
~Sunshine :smileyhappy:
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 2, 2013
(0)

Who knows?  They may say if you want a 5S (or whatever it's called) at a subsidized price, you have to swap to a tiered plan.  They could do that as easily as just keeping the grandfathered plans.  Until they announce, no one knows.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 2, 2013
(0)

dwill05 wrote:

Who knows?  They may say if you want a 5S (or whatever it's called) at a subsidized price, you have to swap to a tiered plan.  They could do that as easily as just keeping the grandfathered plans.  Until they announce, no one knows.

which is what verizon did to force tge end of their discontinued unlimited data plan

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 2, 2013
(0)

Its all a big guess till it is announced and supposedly we will know more September 10th.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 2, 2013
(0)

oz_1 wrote:

Its all a big guess till it is announced and supposedly we will know more September 10th.

which would be a good time for att to annouce the sunset of heir unlimited plans. same as verizon did

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 3, 2013
(0)

dwill05 wrote:

If you don't already have unlimited data because you had it and were grandfathered in, you won't get it.  If the question is whether AT&T will let you keep unlimited data, no one knows until they announce, and I doubt they will announce anything until Apple announces the existence of the next iPhone.

i agree. if you have unlimited data and its grandfathered in it will carry over to the Iphoone 5s. my unlimited was crarried over to my iphone 5.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 10, 2013
(0)

I have unlimited data on my iPhone 4S and plan to upgrade to a 5S.  I know the current policy says I can keep my data plan, but my question is how to I upgrade and keep the plan since it's a switch from a 3G plan to a 4G plan?

The only info I've found on this is a year old Gizmodo article which states this can only be done in a brick and mortar AT&T store.  I'd rather not go to the store if possible.  Can this still not be done when ordering online?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 11, 2013
(0)

Morac wrote:

I have unlimited data on my iPhone 4S and plan to upgrade to a 5S.  I know the current policy says I can keep my data plan, but my question is how to I upgrade and keep the plan since it's a switch from a 3G plan to a 4G plan?

The only info I've found on this is a year old Gizmodo article which states this can only be done in a brick and mortar AT&T store.  I'd rather not go to the store if possible.  Can this still not be done when ordering online?

I went from a 4S to a 5 ordering online and never went into a store.  They automatically changed my existing data plan to the corresponding LTE version.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 11, 2013
(0)

dwill05 wrote:

Morac wrote:

I went from a 4S to a 5 ordering online and never went into a store.  They automatically changed my existing data plan to the corresponding LTE version.

Same here when I upgraded from a 4 to a 5. Just make sure you select to keep your existing data plan when you place the order. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 11, 2013
(0)

sandblaster wrote:

dwill05 wrote:

Morac wrote:

Same here when I upgraded from a 4 to a 5. Just make sure you select to keep your existing data plan when you place the order. 

Was this AT&T's web site or Apple's?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 11, 2013
(0)

Morac wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

dwill05 wrote:

Morac wrote:

AT&T's but ordering thru Apple should have the same option to keep existing plan. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 11, 2013
(0)

Morac wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

dwill05 wrote:

Morac wrote:

Mine was through Apple.  There is little difference between ordering online Apple vs AT&T (except maybe for business or Premier customers with a discount).  Apple simply connects to the AT&T servers and should present the same options you have when ordering online from AT&T.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 11, 2013
(0)

sandblaster wrote:

Morac wrote:

AT&T's but ordering thru Apple should have the same option to keep existing plan. 

When we upgraded my wife's iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5, we walked into our local APple store and made the upgrade.  She still has her unlimited data plan too.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 12, 2013
(0)

I have the original unlmited data also and hopefully It will transfer when I upgrade to the 5S, but you never know with AT &T!!