Posted Aug 20, 2013
iphone 5s

When will At&t start carrying the iphone 5s? and how much would it be with an upgrade to a 5s? is there any info on this yet? i know the 5s isnt officially out yet.

iphone 5s

28 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(28)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 20, 2013
(0)

Any reply would only be a guess because nobody knows until the info is released.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: iphone 5s

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 20, 2013
(0)
Rumor has it that it MIGHT be announced on Sept. 10th, but that is pure speculation.

New iPhone cycles tend to be somewhere in the end of Sept - October range according to Apple iPhone launching in the past.
~Sunshine :smileyhappy:
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 20, 2013
(0)

stelinfelin wrote:

When will At&t start carrying the iphone 5s? and how much would it be with an upgrade to a 5s? is there any info on this yet? i know the 5s isnt officially out yet.

Apple never admits to anything before the actual release of the announcement which is rumored to be on aor new 10/10/2013, in addition the current rumors state there will be a dual release, a normal metal iphone and a cheaper all plastic version of the iphone. Just have to wait 21 days if the rumored announcment date is valid

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 20, 2013
(0)

Do not take this the wrong way. But it is the same question ask last year when iPhone 5 was released, wait till Apple makes official anouncement. Like other forum members said.:smileywink:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 21, 2013
(0)

Suspect the "will they let me upgrade early" thread will start withing the next few days and that is no rumor

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 21, 2013
(0)
Indeed wind! Lol

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 21, 2013
(0)

wingrider01 wrote:

Suspect the "will they let me upgrade early" thread will start withing the next few days and that is no rumor

Along with Apple bashing and thats not new Android has had this lol.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 21, 2013
(0)

oz_1 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Along with Apple bashing and thats not new Android has had this lol.

system bashing goes all the way back to the Commodore Pet VS the TRS-80, we dropped all vertical market development for android based devices and are contentrating on  Windows 8 and Apple

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 21, 2013
(0)

The other night iTunes had OS update to version 11.0.5, so wait for????:smileywink:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 22, 2013
(0)

MR_SMiT wrote:

The other night iTunes had OS update to version 11.0.5, so wait for????:smileywink:

this means nothing, Itunes has been updated multiple times and there was no rumor of a new device, bug fix more then likely but again apple plays it close to the vest and they don;t even publish release notes like normal software companies do when a bug fix is pushed to the end user. pure FUD

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 25, 2013
(0)

Whatever. But get some people want to get the newest iPhone so bad, and cannot upgrade, they either buy iPhone fullprice,or go to places like craigslist and pay big $$$ for it. Like somebody in this forum bought iPhone 5 for $600 from Craigslist awhile back. You can buy a brand new laptop computer for that much money.:smileywink:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 25, 2013
(0)

MR_SMiT wrote:

Whatever. But get some people want to get the newest iPhone so bad, and cannot upgrade, they either buy iPhone fullprice,or go to places like craigslist and pay big $$$ for it. Like somebody in this forum bought iPhone 5 for $600 from Craigslist awhile back. You can buy a brand new laptop computer for that much money.:smileywink:

/rofl 600.00? that is not even retail list price for the phone. Personally would buy the laptop / computer, but it would cost a lot more then 600.00 If you desire the toys you are willing to pay what ever it costs to fullfill the desires. Someone also just paid 1300.00 for a pair of what they thought was two Apple Iphones, what they got was 2 nice ripe Granny Smith Apples

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 27, 2013
(0)

It is rumored that the iphone 5s will come with 4.8-inch Retina display (1920 x 1080 pixels) and quad-core A7 processor. But I think 4.5'' screen would be perfect.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 28, 2013
(0)

Janety wrote:

It is rumored that the iphone 5s will come with 4.8-inch Retina display (1920 x 1080 pixels) and quad-core A7 processor. But I think 4.5'' screen would be perfect.

False.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 29, 2013
(0)

jtrue28 wrote:

Janety wrote:

False.

really from apple to you personally? Where did you see the Apple supplied specifications?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 29, 2013
(0)

i predict major disappointment from those expecting large phone screens from Apple.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 29, 2013
(0)
Indeed.. If anything it will only be a minor enhancement from the iPhone 5.. Better start shooting for the iPhone 6! :smileytongue:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 30, 2013
(0)

Evandela wrote:
Indeed.. If anything it will only be a minor enhancement from the iPhone 5.. Better start shooting for the iPhone 6! :smileytongue:

remember rumor has it that there are two diferent iphones voming out this year, the 5S and the 5C, the 5C us rumored to be a 349.00 version of the ipphone with a smaller processor and all plastic case for thos that want the iphone but don;t want to pay the premium.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 30, 2013
(0)
Yep well aware. I meant more like software wise improvements like fingerprint scanning (which was also rumored) and the such. :smileywink:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 30, 2013
(0)

I also predict lines and backorder as soon as it goes on sell.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 30, 2013
(0)

oz_1 wrote:

I also predict lines and backorder as soon as it goes on sell.

I predict long threads of why can't I upgrade early you did it for the iphone 2/3/3g/4/4s/5

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 30, 2013
(0)

One thing is for sure this area will be busy once it goes on sell.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 30, 2013
(0)
It was really bad here last year! They were sold out for months after that huge line and the preorders, I believe it only lasted 1 hour to order online? I was fortunate to find a store with them in stock in December lol :smileytongue:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 30, 2013
(0)

Evandela wrote:
It was really bad here last year! They were sold out for months after that huge line and the preorders, I believe it only lasted 1 hour to order online? I was fortunate to find a store with them in stock in December lol :smileytongue:

I hate to admit it, but I was lucky and found an AT&T store in Greenwood, IN (near Indianapolis) that had iPhone 5s in stock on Sept 21st last year.  I was traveling when the pre-orders happened, and again on launch day, so I happened into a store around 2:00pm on launch day and walked out with a brand new iPhone 5.  Yeah, they made customers wait outside and only allowed them in one at a time, so I had a 10-15 minute wait outside, but I still got an iPhone on launch day without a pre-order.  I bet that will not happen again...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 30, 2013
(0)

Tim Cook CEO for Apple is famous for not warehousing so supply will no doubt outstripe demand something that just puts a burr under Samsung's saddle so to speak no matter how much they spend on commercials.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 31, 2013
(0)

oz_1 wrote:

Tim Cook CEO for Apple is famous for not warehousing so supply will no doubt outstripe demand something that just puts a burr under Samsung's saddle so to speak no matter how much they spend on commercials.

the s4 outsold the iphone 5 last may, it is still outselling it. Don;t need the latest toy, upgraded a 3GS a couple of months ago to a iphone 5 becasue my 3GS fell off the balcony at a dinner meeting

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 31, 2013
(0)
Yup, apart from hardware changes, the software is pretty much the same no matter which device you use, if it's supported for an OS upgrade.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 31, 2013
(0)

I mainly wanted the 5 for LTE and since AT&T has the fastest it was well worth it and depending on location I get 50 megs on the download so for getting info fast its the best.