Posted Oct 11, 2010
GoPhone - Blackberry

Hi everybody,

I've a Nokia 2320 GoPhone. I really don't like this phone because normally I don't write with small keyboard. I want to change it and buy the BlackBerry Torch. I just want to be sure that I can use my GoPhone Sim Card with this BlackBerry. I will buy the BlackBerry without contract. I've searched on the internet and most people say that the gophone sim card is linked to the gophone device during 180 days. I've buy my GoPhone on the 31th August.

I don't want to buy a expensive phone if I'm not allowed to use it with my GoPhone card.

Thanks :smileyhappy: (sorry for my english I'm an exchange student and that's why I don't want a 2yr contract)

GoPhone - Blackberry

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 14, 2010
(0)

Siks wrote:

Hi everybody,

I've a Nokia 2320 GoPhone. I really don't like this phone because normally I don't write with small keyboard. I want to change it and buy the BlackBerry Torch. I just want to be sure that I can use my GoPhone Sim Card with this BlackBerry. I will buy the BlackBerry without contract. I've searched on the internet and most people say that the gophone sim card is linked to the gophone device during 180 days. I've buy my GoPhone on the 31th August.

I don't want to buy a expensive phone if I'm not allowed to use it with my GoPhone card.

Thanks :smileyhappy: (sorry for my english I'm an exchange student and that's why I don't want a 2yr contract)

Hello Siks,

Sorry to say, at&t will not sell you the Blackberry Torch for GoPhone account. Plus the automated at&t system will pick up that you have a blackberry and the phone will not work except for voice (calling). You can by an unlocked Blackberry Torch (which will be very costly). But again, only the voice (and maybe texting) will work only. NOTHING else.    

Re: GoPhone - Blackberry

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 15, 2010
(0)

ested23 wrote:

Siks wrote:

Hi everybody,

Hello Siks,

Sorry to say, at&t will not sell you the Blackberry Torch for GoPhone account. Plus the automated at&t system will pick up that you have a blackberry and the phone will not work except for voice (calling). You can by an unlocked Blackberry Torch (which will be very costly). But again, only the voice (and maybe texting) will work only. NOTHING else.    

If I'm correct, I think it WOULD work. You would just have to purchase it unlocked. I wouldn't get it directly form an AT&T store, however. If possible, search the Internet (such as eBay or craigslist) for deals there. AT&T probably will not sell you the Torch in-store, without contract, but I'm not completely positive.

Plus, you can probably get the phone at a cheaper price online. :smileywink:

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 18, 2010
(0)
^ Actually, AT&T WILL sell you a Blackberry device with a prepaid account, however, you will be charged the full retail price for it..... That is how I paid for my Blackberry Bold while I was still on prepaid with AT&T.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 18, 2010
(0)

ested23 wrote:

Siks wrote:

Hi everybody,

Hello Siks,

This is incorrect. The only things that won't work with a Blackberry on prepaid are things that are required to go through RIM servers, such as the BB browser, push email, and the BBM. The OP can add a prepaid data plan to their account, and use the Media Net browser, or download third party browsers like Bolt, or Opera Mini, for browsing the Internet. My BB bold functioned just fine with the 100MB prepaid data plan.... And yes, AT&T did allow me to purchase it from them at full retail, and add the prepaid data plan as well... I doubt this has changed, as it wasn't that long ago when I was on prepaid.......

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 19, 2010
(0)

Thanks for clearing that up, Irish Rose. :smileywink:

Bottom line: Yes, you can use the BlackBerry Torch on prepaid.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 25, 2013
(0)
Do you have blackberry services still? does data work ? i am switching soon and i mite buy a torch or a q10

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 25, 2013
(0)
Yes, you can still use a BlackBerry model of your choice on a prepaid GoPhone plan. Data should be able to work for you.