Posted Sep 21, 2013
4:13:33 AM
Z 30 Preorder

When will the Z30 be available for pre-order?

Z 30 Preorder

20 replies
(9) Me too
(9) Me too
Replies
(20)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 26, 2013 6:08:12 PM
(0)
Mentor

I would also like to know and millions more people too!

Re: Z 30 Preorder

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 27, 2013 12:59:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by 21stNow on Sep 27, 2013 at 1:00:46 PM

Millions? :catsurprised:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 25, 2013 5:58:23 AM
(0)
Teacher

Well, add me to the list of customers who would love to preorder a Z30.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 28, 2013 10:10:18 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Taylarie on Jan 15, 2014 at 5:51:08 AM

Well, news today says that the Z30 will be a "Verizon Exclusive".

That means that it ain't coming to AT&T... at least not anytime soon.

No surprise, really, since AT&T pretty much gave BlackBerry and the Z10 the big {word filter evasion} on advertising and in-store support.

Someone at BlackBerry must have really ticked off someone high up at AT&T - {Inappropriate content removed} or something, because AT&T's treatment and support of the BB product this past year has been nothing short of absolute and unforgivable atrociousness.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 28, 2013 6:55:46 PM
(0)
Contributor
Same here. I'm looking to order 2 of them at least. I don't care how much they cost, I just want them. BlackBerry's are the only phones that meet my needs, nothing else, which is why I have stayed with BlackBerry for so long. I have a Z10 now, and it is amazing. It has actually replaced my BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet, and even my computer (with the exception of running a backup on occasion for the phone). Now the Z30 takes that to the next several levels up, and I can't get it because of AT&T. I call AT&T and nobody has even heard of it, others thought BlackBerry was sold or the company just magically disappeared. No one can tell me anything about AT&T getting it or not. I want answers NOW!!!! I have no solid reason to stay with AT&T, so if they don't get it soon, or at least confirm "yes" or "no," it's goodbye AT&T, hello Verizon, and my new Z30s. I'm sure Verizon would love to cater to my wants and needs, especially when I'm willing to pay top-dollar.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 29, 2013 10:07:45 AM
(0)
Community Manager
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Oct 29, 2013 at 10:09:05 AM

It does look like this phone is going to be a Verizon Exclusive at launch. Exclusivity agreements are typically kept private, only Verizon and BlackBerry would know how long it is for. Unfortunately, we don't have any information on future availability at this time.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please use this link: ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution".

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 30, 2013 9:03:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

bjschey wrote:
Same here. I'm looking to order 2 of them at least. I don't care how much they cost, I just want them. BlackBerry's are the only phones that meet my needs, nothing else, which is why I have stayed with BlackBerry for so long. I have a Z10 now, and it is amazing. It has actually replaced my BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet, and even my computer (with the exception of running a backup on occasion for the phone). Now the Z30 takes that to the next several levels up, and I can't get it because of AT&T. I call AT&T and nobody has even heard of it, others thought BlackBerry was sold or the company just magically disappeared. No one can tell me anything about AT&T getting it or not. I want answers NOW!!!! I have no solid reason to stay with AT&T, so if they don't get it soon, or at least confirm "yes" or "no," it's goodbye AT&T, hello Verizon, and my new Z30s. I'm sure Verizon would love to cater to my wants and needs, especially when I'm willing to pay top-dollar.

If you don't care about cost, you can import two that are compatible with AT&T from a country that has them available.  That's what I did for the Z10 (I got the Rogers model).  Unfortunately, the device didn't work out for me, but it was for other reasons.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 1, 2013 12:57:59 PM
(0)
Contributor

I also would like to preorder a BlackBerry Z30.  Once it is available, I will be switching over from a Verizon Q10.

My new company prefers AT&T, but it does not make sense to switch unless I can get the upgraded Z30 as part of the change.  Hopefully soon!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 15, 2013 5:25:53 AM
(0)
Tutor

Sorry I don't have an answer but, I wanted to let you all know I'm using a Z30 on AT&T and have been for the past 21 days. I got it from a business contact in Canada.

It can not get LTE on AT&T (although it can on a competitors network). However, the 4G speeds have been excellent and the new Paratek antenna gets strong reception here in the Washington, DC metro area. I've held good 4G signal even in underground parking garages where my Z10 would go down from LTE to EDGE.

The phone is on par with the top line models from all other makers. With the new 10.2.1 OS (which should be available soon), running Android apps looks to be much simpler. Although I've not found any need to load Android apps as everything I need I've found a native app for.

Battery lasts me my normal day without concern over finding a charger.

The *Miracast feature has been a revelation to me. I'm using that a lot and find it really useful. (*Allows you to project the Z30's screen image to another screen wirelessly).

The USB Host Mode is also a great feature. Being able to use memory sticks directly makes it just that much better as a business tool. In a conference room I plugged HDMI out to a projector and plugged a USB hub in with a USB keyboard and mouse. Needless to say, people in the conference room where surprised how my phone could do what a notebook could do. With the Citrix Receiver I was able to connect right to our Windows server and run all Windows apps using only my Z30 as a terminal. I'm sure if this phone was available from AT&T, some of the business people I've shown it to would be giving it serious consideration.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 15, 2013 8:55:21 AM
(0)
Contributor
I am also waiting to get a BlackBerry Z30.
I have been a long time AT&T customer, but I will switch to Verizon if AT&T is not going to carry the Z30.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 1, 2013 6:10:50 PM
(0)
Tutor
Re: Z 30 Preorder [ New ]
I am also waiting to get a BlackBerry Z30.
I have been a long time AT&T customer, but I will switch to Verizon if AT&T is not going to carry the Z30">>

I feel the same way, I will switch to Verizon, seems like AT&T is downsizeing so to speek.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 30, 2014 10:06:02 PM
(0)
Mentor

for some reason I just got word that I am now eligible for an upgrade.  I would only do it for the Z30.

I am ready . . .

holding my breath . . .

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 15, 2014 1:00:57 PM
(0)
Contributor
I am seriously thinking about it...but hoping ATT will carry the BB Z30 in the next months.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 16, 2014 12:52:30 PM
(0)
Teacher

This is getting more pathetic with each day! NO UPDATES AND NO Z30???

If I didn't live in the sticks, I would be on T-Mobile in a heartbeat!!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 16, 2014 6:52:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

saxxman wrote:

This is getting more pathetic with each day! NO UPDATES AND NO Z30???

If I didn't live in the sticks, I would be on T-Mobile in a heartbeat!!!

Why?  T-Mobile doesn't carry the Z30 either.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 18, 2014 7:42:35 AM
(0)
Teacher

T-Mobile for rates, but have been looking at Verizon too.

At least you can find the correct Z30 model for T-Mobile...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 25, 2014 8:37:59 AM
(0)
Teacher

So I was just told, on Sunday, that the Z30 will not be available on AT&T until November 2014.

Outta here!!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 27, 2014 9:58:52 AM
(0)
Tutor

You were told this by whom?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 10, 2014 8:16:09 AM
(0)
Contributor

AllUNeed,

Thnaks for sharing that you are using a Z30 from a Canadian carrier.  I am curious as to what the original carrier was for the Z30.  I see that Rogers has a Z30 and the frequencies seem to match that of AT&T so I am wondeirng if that Z30 will work on the AT&T network since AT&T seems to be dragging their *$$ getting the Z30.

Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 6, 2014 6:56:03 AM
(0)
Teacher

It is exciting to watch the development of the new Blackberry products, the Z30 being the first of many, but you really should not expect to see them offered by AT&T; the fact that Blackberry consented to make the Z30 agreement with Verizon validates this assertion. 

If you are bound to AT&T, you really just need to be content with what you have unless you want to, and have the ability, utilize offerings from other carriers on your AT&T system.  Any thing else is just wasted energy. 

Do not expect AT&T to ever offer real support to the Blackberry line or the Blackberry user.  AT&T has clearly demonstrated their intentions; the real reason is probably buried deep in some obscure ledger or backdoor agreement.  Just be happy that AT&T offers you anything Blackberry.