10-08-2009 11:36:27 PM
10-09-2009 05:53:12 AM
the DSL light on your Netgear should always stay solid green to get a good internet connection. try checking on the ff:
1. check for good dial tone, no static/fuzzy noise
2. all telephony devices using the same # as your DSL should all be connected thru DSL filters (i.e fax machine, satellite dish, alarm systems etc.)
3. unplug and re-plug the DSL cable from the Netgear and the pjack, make sure both ends are on a tight fit
4. turn off the Netgear for 2 full minutes, then turn it back on
5. Netgear not on a carpeted floor and at least 3 ft. away from other eloctomagnetic devices
the DSL light indicates if you are getting good signal from the AT&T network. see if your DSL light still blinks after checking on the above setup.
hope this helps!
10-09-2009 10:04:39 AM
10-09-2009 01:37:50 PM
10-10-2009 03:50:09 AM
10-10-2009 05:31:15 PM
05-08-2010 04:51:42 PM
I am having the same problems and have been on the phone with both ATT and Netgear. ATT will not speak with me regarding the Netgear product and Netgear is out of ideas.
Have tried all items previously posted. VPI/VSI settings are correct. PPPoE account name and password are correct. Netgear even tried manually using the same MAC address as the 2wire.
Tech was at the house today and getting the best noise/attenuation/output settings the tech has seen in recent months.
However, when plugging the phone line into the Netgear devise, it does not recognize the DSL signal.
Has anyone been successful in getting the DSL light to go green with ATT (formerly the Bellsouth region) and connect to the internet? Any ideas?