Posted Feb 25, 2009
I cant send text messages
I have a go phone SIM that i use in my blackberry and i cannot send text messages.

I receive them with no problems!  I will compose the message and hit send and the phone will show network traffic for a brief second and then will say that the message has been sent.  This, however, is not the case as all of the people I have talked to have not gotten my message.  I have tried to send texts to ATT customers with iphones and dumb phones as well as a few dumb phones on  T-Mobile… nobody gets my text messages!

Also, because this is a go phone, I get a cell broadcast message alerting me to my current balance after every text I recieve… I don’t get a similar message when I send texts.

I have googleed around and found a few SMS service numbers that are supposed to work for ATT… here are the ones I have been using so far:
+19703769301, +19073769301

After I switch out the numbers in my phones settings, I do a battery pull to make sure the changes stuck… and still I am not able to send text messages!

Thanks for your time and any help you can provide!
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
2-26-2009 9:58:36 AM
(0)

The SMS service center number you posted is actually for old ATTWS ( "Blue" ) customers.  It sounds like you have a current at&t/Cingular GoPhone account for which the national number is +13123149810.  Be sure to include the leading "+1".

Message Edited by hme83 on 02-26-2009 12:00:11 PM
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

I cant send text messages

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Feb 26, 2009
(0)

The SMS service center number you posted is actually for old ATTWS ( "Blue" ) customers.  It sounds like you have a current at&t/Cingular GoPhone account for which the national number is +13123149810.  Be sure to include the leading "+1".

Message Edited by hme83 on 02-26-2009 12:00:11 PM
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: I cant send text messages

[ Edited ]
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 26, 2009
(0)

Woot!  thanks!  that worked.

one question though: how come i could recieve texts but not send them?  is the service center responcible for routing the sent messages only?  once they are routed to the appropriate tower, is it the tower that sends the texts to the phone?

thanks for your time!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 26, 2009
(0)

bobbobby1 wrote:

one question though: how come i could recieve texts but not send them?  is the service center responcible for routing the sent messages only?  once they are routed to the appropriate tower, is it the tower that sends the texts to the phone?

thanks for your time!

The SMS center number is only used for outgoing messages, that's why you could receive the messages without a problem.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 26, 2009
(0)

bobbobby1 wrote:

thanks for your time!

You're welcome - I'm happy the problem was only that. :smileyhappy:  And I'm sorry to say I'm not real clear in my own mind "how" SMS delivery works - it just does.  lol.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 17, 2009
(0)
The message center number beginning with 131 and ending with 9810 is a good number; however, since millions of sim cards have been programmed with that number, the routing system sometimes gets clogged up, preventing you from sending text messages.  If you experience issues with sending text messages, and that number is programmed in your phone, change the last two numbers from 10 to 70, and that may resolve your issue.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 30, 2010
(0)

i have a go phone vu and i cant send or get messages  and i dont know what is wrong with it? i need help!

please help thanks.

-shane

Re: I cant send text messages or get them!!!

[ Edited ]