Posted Jan 21, 2008
9:01:16 PM
view text messages from my computer
Is there any way to view teh text messages sent to my cell phone from ,y computer?  many times i am at work and cannot use my cell phone and i need to see if I ahve any text messages.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 28, 2013 9:29:29 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager
Edited by jamileh on Feb 28, 2013 at 9:30:04 AM

Since this is a frequently viewed thread, I though I'd update it with some information. 

AT&T offers the AT&T Messages App for the Android OS that will allow you to view your text messages on the PC. 

Here is more information: http://www.att.com/shop/apps/att-messages.html#fbid=cvcFsHZnTWp

Other than this app, there are no AT&T supported methods to view text messages. This information is not captured or stored by AT&T so it is not available for viewing online. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

view text messages from my computer

31 replies
(5) Me too
(5) Me too
Replies
(31)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2008 9:14:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

chrism35007 wrote:
Is there any way to view teh text messages sent to my cell phone from ,y computer?  many times i am at work and cannot use my cell phone and i need to see if I ahve any text messages.
No, there isn't.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: view text messages from my computer

2 of 32 (607,743 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2008 10:06:45 AM
(0)
Tutor
If find it hard to believe that we can not check our text messages from the site.  We can see everything else, why not text messages.  I'm of the same mind.  A lot of times I am at work and unable to receive text messages on my phone and would love to be able to look them up via the AT&T/Cingular site.

3 of 32 (607,682 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2008 10:26:12 AM
(0)
Expert

paula46158 wrote:
     If find it hard to believe that we can not check our text messages from the site.  We can see everything else, why not text messages.  I'm of the same mind.  A lot of times I am at work and unable to receive text messages on my phone and would love to be able to look them up via the AT&T/Cingular site.

I see it as them not allowing it, because if anyone knows your online passcode, then they are able to get in to your online account and see your sms that you are getting and sending, that there would cause alot more problems than it does now with them not allowing it to be seen online.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

4 of 32 (607,677 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2008 10:47:49 AM
(0)
Scholar

paula46158 wrote:

Wikipedia defines text messages as "Short Message Service (SMS) is a communications protocol allowing the interchange of short text messages between mobile telephony devices. " Key words here are "mobile telephony devices." If you are unable to use you cell at work use email or get a software application to hook you cell phone to your computer and you can read text messages that way. In short, test messages are between cell phones, not cell phones and computers

5 of 32 (607,663 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2008 11:13:02 AM
(0)
Master
If you have a Nokia, and Bluetooth on your computer, and PC Suite, then you can read them without touching your phone.

All hail Nokia! :smileyvery-happy:

6 of 32 (607,643 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2008 9:31:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

paula46158 wrote:
You can't view the transcripts of your conversations on the site either :smileywink: You can see all the billable instances of text messaging — when the message was sent/received and the source or destination, but not the content.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 32 (607,532 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 6, 2009 3:41:14 AM
(0)
Tutor

dude u sed u can do it on nokia how can you do it? bcuz i got nokia and i want to do it but i dnt know how will appritiate it if u tell me

tnx

8 of 32 (599,968 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2009 8:44:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

shalaghsholoogh wrote:

dude u sed u can do it on nokia how can you do it? bcuz i got nokia and i want to do it but i dnt know how will appritiate it if u tell me

tnx

Download & install Nokia PC Suite and walk through the wizard to connect your phone to PC. Then click the appropriate items in the program to access text messages.

9 of 32 (599,915 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 8, 2009 8:15:17 AM
(0)
Tutor
were is this appropriate items? i cant find it?

10 of 32 (599,732 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2009 8:26:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

You can't find Nokia PC Suite?

Here is the link to the Nokia website support pages where you can obtain it (free download) -

Nokia Suites

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

11 of 32 (414,520 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2009 8:47:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

shalaghsholoogh wrote:
were is this appropriate items? i cant find it?

I don't have the PC Suite installed anymore, so I can't give you a screen shot. The main PC Suite window has a number of different items (represented by icons) for various tasks like Backup, Media, Contacts, etc. One of them should be for messages.

12 of 32 (414,518 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 8, 2009 6:23:05 PM
(0)
Tutor
i am not tryin to be a pain or anythin bu i cant see anythin that gets me to my messeges erm does it matter werthere i am connected with blutooth or cable to the PC ? i mean i cant see wa happens on my phone wen i connected to the pc cuz the screen is broke, so wen i conect it does come up with options on the phone tha i can select? or is just a 1 ?

13 of 32 (414,482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2009 11:05:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

shalaghsholoogh wrote:
i am not tryin to be a pain or anythin bu i cant see anythin that gets me to my messeges erm does it matter werthere i am connected with blutooth or cable to the PC ? i mean i cant see wa happens on my phone wen i connected to the pc cuz the screen is broke, so wen i conect it does come up with options on the phone tha i can select? or is just a 1 ?

If you have paired the phone before, it may just be asking the permission to connect, otherwise it may also need the PIN setup. Here's the screen shot of the PC Suite — clicking the yellow envelope will open the window with messages.

14 of 32 (414,434 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 10, 2009 3:22:55 PM
(0)
Tutor
i ama ssuming this is for normal N95 not the 8GB pc suit coz tha dosnt look anything like this.. can you do it with 8GB one?

15 of 32 (414,409 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2009 4:52:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

shalaghsholoogh wrote:
i ama ssuming this is for normal N95 not the 8GB pc suit coz tha dosnt look anything like this.. can you do it with 8GB one?

I don't know — don't have it. This is just PC Suite, not connected to any phone at that moment, but all the phones I used with it the message reading worked.

16 of 32 (414,399 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 11, 2009 7:30:07 AM
(0)
Tutor
thank you for your help i downloaded and installed the PC suit i had the Nseries pc suit and it didnt work but now it does and i am a very happy man!!!!! thanks for your help

17 of 32 (414,373 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2009 12:30:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

shalaghsholoogh wrote:
thank you for your help i downloaded and installed the PC suit i had the Nseries pc suit and it didnt work but now it does and i am a very happy man!!!!! thanks for your help

You're welcome!

18 of 32 (414,349 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2009 9:21:26 AM
(0)
Contributor

is there a way to view text messages on my comp?

19 of 32 (414,278 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2009 10:30:47 AM
(0)
Expert

colleen7 wrote:

Is there a way to view text messages on my comp?

You would have to forward the messages to your email, other than that no there is not.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

20 of 32 (414,272 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2009 9:10:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

colleen7 wrote:

is there a way to view text messages on my comp?

This whole thread is about the ways to view your text messages on your computer. It is easy to do if you have a Sony-Ericsson or Nokia phone, I don't know if other phone models offer easy way of doing it.

21 of 32 (405,713 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2009 6:31:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
I believe Motorola Phone Tools also has the functionality. :smileyhappy:
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

22 of 32 (405,694 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2009 8:51:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

hme83 wrote:
I believe Motorola Phone Tools also has the functionality. :smileyhappy:

Thanks for the info — since I have no personal experience with it, I didn't know :smileywink:

23 of 32 (405,709 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2009 9:11:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
LOL.  You're welcome. :smileyhappy:  It's been an awful long time since I looked at MPT, but I remember noticing it there before seeing it in Nokia's PC Suite.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=

- Doug Larson

24 of 32 (405,702 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2009 1:51:55 PM
(0)
Contributor
I want to be able to keep track of my sons texts.  It may seem like im being nosy.  But as a parent, I believe I need to keep track of him so that he will live to 18.  So I think that being able to check his texts so I can make sure he is not doing something illegal.  And with way kids are acting these days i think it is important

25 of 32 (405,326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2009 8:26:32 AM
(0)
Contributor

Does this PC Suite software allow for printing of text messages? If not, can anyone recommend software to do this on a Nokia 5610? I am trying to assist a friend with a legal issue, and this could assist.

I also saw mention in this thread of a web site that keeps records on all billable items (text messages, etc). Would this be the Nokia web site? Her phone is Nokia, but she pays TMobile for the service.

thanks in advance.

jimmyb

26 of 32 (405,166 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2009 9:33:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
I would think T-Mobile would have online account access similar to what at&t offers their customers.  The information on at&t's site is limited to date/time and phone number that the text message was sent to/from.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=

- Doug Larson

27 of 32 (405,159 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2009 12:12:51 PM
(0)
Master

stovocor wrote:

Does this PC Suite software allow for printing of text messages? If not, can anyone recommend software to do this on a Nokia 5610? I am trying to assist a friend with a legal issue, and this could assist.

I also saw mention in this thread of a web site that keeps records on all billable items (text messages, etc). Would this be the Nokia web site? Her phone is Nokia, but she pays TMobile for the service.

thanks in advance.

jimmyb

Yes,

You can print text messages out using PC Suite.

28 of 32 (405,092 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2009 9:14:17 AM
(0)
Tutor
I also need this functionality ~ how can we see what our children are texting?

29 of 32 (404,063 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2009 5:12:36 PM
(0)
Expert

wadamwhite wrote:
     I also need this functionality ~ how can we see what our children are texting?

You ahve to get a hold of their phone to find that outunfortunately.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

30 of 32 (403,799 Views)