01-09-2011 11:03:35 AM
Recently some of my emails are missing an embedded image(s). In their place will be a small box with a red X in the corner. Sometimes there will be some other sort of item there other than the X. If I right click on the red X, it will open a box where something like VIEW IMAGE or PICTURE will be an option. In the past, clicking on this will bring up the image. Lately thhis has not been the case. Has some setting (security) changed? Any help here? Thanks
01-10-2011 06:24:37 AM
If some of the images are viewable in your email, then those images are downloaded from a local PC and not uploaded on any web site of Internet.
You may also try to change the web mail version, 'All New mail' to 'Mail Classic'.
- To move the email version from Mail Classic to All New Mail, click Options in the upper-right corner of your Mail page and select 'Switch to All New Mail'.
- To move the email version from All New Mail to Mail Classic, click Options in the upper-right corner of your Mail page and select 'Switch to Mail Classic'.
There is also an option to block the images available in the emails that come from unknown email addresses.
Image blocking defeats the confirmation "hits" that spammers receive whenever one of their images is viewed. Since a "view" can include the moment you click to open a spam message, selecting "Initially block all images" is your safest choice. Here's how to do it:
- Click Options in the upper-right corner of your Mail page and select Mail Options.
- Under Spam, click Spam Protection.
- At the bottom of the page is the "Image Blocking" section. You'll see three choices with three radio buttons. Select (click inside) the one that sounds right to you:
- Always show images, except in Spam folder
- Show images only from my contacts and certified senders
- Initially block all images
After trying all the steps mentioned above, if the issue persists, it is recommended that contact AT&T eChat support.
If you are in 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI' area, You may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent:
05-17-2012 12:11:18 PM
I have experienced the same issue across all applications since our AT&T DSL was switched to UVerse. Aproximatly 50% of the time images do not load, and a the majority of the time iFrames do not load.
AT&T claims that this is due to twisted wires and will not come out unless we pay $150 bucks.
I recently got UVerse at my home address and the same problem occurs there.
Now what are the chances of the "wires getting twisted" the moment we switched from DSL to UVerse, and the moment I installed Uverse at a location 10 miles away?
06-20-2012 10:52:27 PM
It's a bit technical, but it sounds like this could fix the problem... I am attempting to change my settings now. By the way, do you use Apple products? We have PC's and Apple devices at our home; it only seems to affect the Apple stuff.
06-20-2012 11:31:14 PM
Okay. So I just figured out that the modem is also a router. I previously had a modem with a separate router. I have stopped using the separate router because it's redundant. Manually setting the DNS on each device seems to be the fix for me. For example, for iPhone: Go to Settings: Wi-Fi: (your network) >: DHCP tab. Click on DNS and replace it with 22.214.171.124 See the link above for more detailed information.