05-08-2010 09:23:03 AM
Thank you for submitting your query through the DSL Forums, this will be very helpful to other subscribers. Please do accept our apologies for the inconvenience that this might have caused you.
Since you mentioned you are using the Windows Mail client, the following instructions are given from a Newbie's point of view.
1. Open Windows Mail.
2. Click on Tools, then Accounts. The Internet Accounts window will pop up.
3. If this is the first time you are setting it up, click on the Add... Button.
4. Click on E-mail Account. Click the Next button.
5. Type the desired name in Display name field. Click the Next button.
6. Type the AT&T e-mail address that is being set up in the E-mail address field. Click the Next button.
7. Choose POP3 for the Incoming e-mail server type.
8. In the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP) server field, type: pop.att.yahoo.com
9. In the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server field, type: smtp.att.yahoo.com
10. Put a check in the box next to Outgoing server requires authentication. Click the Next button.
11. In the E-mail username field, type the full e-mail address.
12. Type the password for that account in the Password field. Click the Next button.
13. Click the Finish button.
14. Once complete, highlight your e-mail account in the Accounts window, and click the Properties button.
15. In the Properties window, click on the Advanced tab.
16. From here, check both boxes for Incoming and Outgoing Secure Socket Layer connections (SSL)
Incoming mail port #: 995, secure connection (SSL) checked
Outgoing mail port #: 465, secure connection (SSL) checked
17. Click OK.
18. Click Close.
You may also refer to this link regarding your issue: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB4015
Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to reply to this thread or you may chat or call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT. To chat with one of our agents, please click on the "Chat with AT&T" link on the right part of the sidebar of the link provided above.