Posted Feb 26, 2012
10:50:49 AM
Any way to control transparency of guide?

We just moved from DirecTV and AT&T phone service to U-Verse.  One thing that we don't like about the design of the U-Verse channel guide is that the guide really covers what's still playing on the TV.  DirecTV's guide would open a small window in the upper-hand right side of the screen playing the current channel and the remainder of the guide to choose a new program.

It seems kind of silly for U-Verse's guide to have a small window showing the different channel playbacks as you scroll, while almost totally obscuring the current channel in the background.

I've looked everywhere to see if there was a setting in the preferences to change the transparency of the guide so that the current program could be more easily viewed.  I've had no luck.

Does anyone know of such a setting and if so, where is it in the command tree?  If A&T U-Verse monitors these postings, this would be a good suggestion for the next update (IMHO).

Thanks in advance for any help,

Miaclockman

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Feb 26, 2012 11:31:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

miaclockman wrote:

Does anyone know of such a setting and if so, where is it in the command tree?  If A&T U-Verse monitors these postings, this would be a good suggestion for the next update (IMHO).

No, that option does not exist.

If you are concerned with missing part of a program while viewing the onscreen guide, press the PAUSE button before viewing the guide.  Once you finished viewing the guide press the PAUSE or PLAY button to resume the program.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Any way to control transparency of guide?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Feb 26, 2012 11:31:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

miaclockman wrote:

No, that option does not exist.

If you are concerned with missing part of a program while viewing the onscreen guide, press the PAUSE button before viewing the guide.  Once you finished viewing the guide press the PAUSE or PLAY button to resume the program.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Any way to control transparency of guide?

2 of 2 (348 Views)
Solution