12-10-2010 04:22:54 PM
Hoping someone sees this and I can get an answer tonight. I will not be around tomorrow and would like to set a recording for tomorrow evening. I do not seem to be able to find how to "advance" to another day? With Comcast it was simple, you just scrolled up to the current day and arrowed forward, U-verse won't let me do that. HELP! Please! There has to be a way that I, and my husband and son and daughter (we have all looked) just have not found.
Thank you so much in advance.
12-10-2010 04:45:15 PM - edited 12-10-2010 05:29:18 PM
In the Guide, use the FF button to advance a day ahead.
Or use the right arrow button (beside OK) if you're on the channel where the program is (a bit slower, but will still advance you forward).
12-10-2010 05:28:46 PM
12-10-2010 05:43:50 PM
Spd, when I get big I wanna be just like you.
12-10-2010 06:17:58 PM
Huh? You mean rambocat?
12-16-2010 12:00:48 AM
If it helps, I do know of a faster way of scrolling through the guide by date
The U-verse GUI (Microsoft Mediaroom) includes 2 versions of the guide, the normal "by time" EPG and the hidden "by date" EPG, there are 2 way to get to the hidden "by date" EPG
1. Press the "MENU" button, go to "Options", then go to "System Options", on the next menu screen, select "Guide style", you will now see 2 options, "Grid guide" ("by time" EPG) and "Channel lineup" ("by date" EPG), select "Channel lineup" then "Save", now whenever you press the "GUIDE" button, the "by date" EPG will come up
2. Press "Guide" and go to the channel you plan to record on (if already in guide, close out and go back in), then press the left arrow button (left of "OK"), this will then highlight the channel/network name/call letters, select it, it should then bring you to the "by date" EPG, exiting and reopening the guide will bring you back to the "by time" EPG
The "by date" EPG is not really any faster than the "by time" EPG, but the lineup for a specific day is all grouped together, while different days are separated, so while skipping through the guide quickly, you don't have to worry if you missed a certain day
12-16-2010 04:38:40 AM
I'm in charge of setting up all recording. DH will tell me on Thurs. that he needs the Monday night football game recorded. Here's the fastest and easiest way to do that:
1. Bring up the guide.
2. Go to the desired channel.
3. Press the "Enter/Aspect" button on bottom right of remote.
4. A side menu will appear. Choose which day the program is on: From tonight to 2 weeks.
It will take you to prime time (7:00 pm) so move use the left/right arrow to get to the correct time.
12-16-2010 09:44:32 AM
That was one of the first questions that I had too. Could you do all users a favor and pick one answer (maybe Spd2demun, Skeeter or whoever) and mark it as solved (Accepted Solution)? New users seem to look at threads that are solved to learn more.
12-16-2010 10:12:39 AM
Who says UV isn't versatile?