Posted Sep 24, 2010
U-verse Channel Request Website

Finally, there is a website where you can request a channel be added to U-verse!  The link to the website is below:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

Alex - Update: Where to get updates on program disruptions for U-verse TV

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
9-26-2010 5:17:41 PM
(0)

A link to this website has been added to the Channel Request Procedure thread sticky at the top of this board.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

U-verse Channel Request Website

[ Edited ]
261 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(261)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 24, 2010
(0)

Thanks for the link.. I requested MLB Network like thousands here have done.

Re: U-verse Channel Request Website

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Sep 26, 2010
(0)

A link to this website has been added to the Channel Request Procedure thread sticky at the top of this board.

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 27, 2010
(0)

Added a request for BBC America HD

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 27, 2010
(0)

Thanks for the link I also put Request for UV wish list.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 28, 2010
(0)

I just requested Hometown Sports Indiana, which is carried in 500K homes in the Indianapolis and Ft. Wayne areas by Comcast and Brighthouse.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 1, 2010
(0)

Metro Sports is in here.

I was hoping for CFNEWS13 oor so on.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 23, 2010
(0)

Thanks, I just ordered the 4 German channels that are carried on the Dish Network.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 23, 2010
(0)

costanza wrote:

Thanks for the link.. I requested MLB Network like thousands here have done.

+1

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 23, 2010
(0)

I can't get this web site to come up on my U-verse connection.  Been trying for at least a month now.  Every time I try on my U-verse I get a "failed to open page" message saying the server isn't responding.  It comes up with no problems at work and on my mom's AT&T DSL.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 23, 2010
(0)

I have U-verse internet, and I have no problem accessing this website.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 23, 2010
(0)

Well, it doesn't come up for me...and it's not my computer.  I've tried different computers on my U-verse connection, both wired and wireless, and different web browsers and it just won't come up for me here.  I just tried again on my laptop, and it didn't come up.  Last week I had this same laptop at my Mom's house and the web page came up with no problems while connected to her AT&T DSL.  I've tried at my work and it comes up fine there, 30 minutes later try it here at home and it won't come up.  It has to be something with my U-verse.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 23, 2010
(0)

scots wrote:

I can't get this web site to come up on my U-verse connection.  Been trying for at least a month now.  Every time I try on my U-verse I get a "failed to open page" message saying the server isn't responding.  It comes up with no problems at work and on my mom's AT&T DSL.

Might want to try this link, it brings up a slightly different version:

http://uversechannels.att.com/channel-survey :smileysurprised:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 23, 2010
(0)

mibrnsurg wrote:

scots wrote:

Might want to try this link, it brings up a slightly different version:

http://uversechannels.att.com/channel-survey :smileysurprised:

Chris

Same thing happens with that one.  When I try to ping uversechannels.att.com it goes absolutely nowhere at all.  I get "request timeout" messages right from the get-go.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 23, 2010
(0)

Works here as well, no problems.

Longshot, but clear Cache & Cookies?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 24, 2010
(0)

scots wrote:

On another thread I posted the same issue. Could not get the link to work in IE 8 on my notebook or on the Safari browser in Wi-Fi mode on my iPhone. However, I changed to the 3G network on my iPhone and then the link came up in Safari.   Good luck.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 24, 2010
(0)

spd2demun wrote:

Works here as well, no problems.

Longshot, but clear Cache & Cookies?

I can try that, but I don't think that'll do anything.  I have multiple computers in the house and the same thing happens on all of them, so the cache and cookies would have to be screwed up on all of them if that's the issue.  I can also switch my laptop between 2 different internet connections, and that same laptop will work on the non U-verse connections but not work on the U-verse connection.  If it was the cache and cookies it wouldn't work on any of the connections.  I'm also unable to ping the web site from any of the computers.  Ping has absolutely nothing to do with the web browser, cache, or cookies.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 24, 2010
(0)

scots wrote:

I can try that, but I don't think that'll do anything.  I have multiple computers in the house and the same thing happens on all of them, so the cache and cookies would have to be screwed up on all of them if that's the issue.  I'm also unable to ping the web site from any of the computers.  Ping has absolutely nothing to do with the web browser, cache, or cookies. 

Since you see this behavior on all your computers, could it related to some setup on your home network?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 24, 2010
(0)

Could the problem have something to do with your DNS server settings?

Go over to uversusers.com forum & search on DNS to see that it impacts pages that can be opened and suggested changes.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 24, 2010
(0)

Thanks for the link.  I didn't even know it existed until I saw your posting.  I would say there are lots of other people who don't know how to request a channel be added or kept when they decide to discontinue service.  Wish you could reach one of the customer service people that are not tech people.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 24, 2010
(0)

I use FF and IE9 Beta and have no issues with either one.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 28, 2010
(0)

BBC America HD request, and NHL Center Ice

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 28, 2010
(0)

Make sure you click on one of the channel request links and send the info to ATT, not just posting it here. :smileywink:

Chris

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2010
(0)

How about don't take away good programming like the FoodNetwork!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2010
(0)

Agreed!! I am getting ready cancel my service.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2010
(0)

Should we request all of the stations they are losing?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 6, 2010
(0)

MLB network? are you kidding me? that is the stupidest channel i have ever heard of. the fact that the mlb has their own network is just nauseating.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 6, 2010
(0)

For whatever it may be worth, I logged a request for Food Network and HGTV.  (Sorry, we just don't watch Cooking or DIY.)  I noted that I would be happy to pay for the Scripps networks within their own tier, because that gives me -- the consumer -- control over what I am willing to pay for.  Like so many others, there are scores of channels on U-verse that we hardly ever watch if at all, but each of us has the 10 or so that we choose not to live without.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 6, 2010
(0)

Mtsindy I wish more customers would do what you did ask for a Scripps Premium Tier. Thanks for your post. Maybe these fights will change the subscriber has to take all.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 6, 2010
(0)

Escapee, you may be correct.  I think the current system is broken.  It seems a matter of time before your favorite channels of choice are involved in another dispute.  Free market enterprise is great but the customers are the big losers in these type of disputes.