Posted Sep 24, 2010
3:07:05 PM
U-verse Channel Request Website

Finally, there is a website where you can request a channel be added to U-verse!  The link to the website is below:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

Alex - Update: Where to get updates on program disruptions for U-verse TV

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Sep 26, 2010 5:17:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

A link to this website has been added to the Channel Request Procedure thread sticky at the top of this board.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
261 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(261)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 21, 2011 7:17:11 PM
(0)
Scholar

dwinth wrote:

Are there any providers who carry NESN, MSG, and MSG+ outside of the New England and New York areas? If these three are not national channels, then I doubt U-Verse would carry them, especially if other providers do not carry them nationally.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Those channels are available as rsn's outside of New England & New York areas.Brighthouse,Comcast and Directv here in Florida carry them...

Re: What MAJOR Channels Are Missing From U-Verse

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 21, 2011 8:14:36 PM
(0)
Scholar

Dead_Terrorist wrote:

MLB Baseball Package - UV doesn't carry subscription sports

NHL Center Ice-UV doesn't carry subscription sports

NBA Basketball Package-UV doesn't carry subscription sports

U-verse offers ESPN Game Plan.  Doesn't that count as a subscription sports package?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 21, 2011 8:25:36 PM
(0)
Explorer

dwinth wrote:

With all of the discussion about the Hallmark channels, MLB Channel, Fox Soccer Channel, etc., I was trying to compile a list of major channels that U-Verse is missing. I am not including sub-channels, foreign language channels, and minor channels like RFD. I am only talking about the channels that most people consider the major channels.

My list is:

Hallmark Channel SD and HD

The Hallmark Movie Channel SD and HD

The MLB Network SD and HD

AMC HD

Fox Soccer Channel HD

BBC America HD

MLB Baseball Package

NHL Center Ice

NBA Basketball Package

Are there any that I am missing? If all of the above channels are added, would most U-Verse subscribers finally be happy? I am not including the NFL Package since that is a Direct TV exclusive.

Fox Soccer Channel Plus HD is not included since that is starting tomorrow. Why is there not a Fox Soccer Channel Plus SD on 653?

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

all the above + golTV HD

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 21, 2011 8:26:09 PM
(0)
Scholar

bailorg wrote:

Dead_Terrorist wrote:

U-verse offers ESPN Game Plan.  Doesn't that count as a subscription sports package?

They don't carry the ones that matter.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 22, 2011 7:43:00 PM
(0)
Contributor

Agreed! This should be in 200 since AT&T DOES NOT PAY retransmission fees for NASA TV. It is offered to all providers for FREE. SO why is it treated like a premium channel?

The following is a direct quote from the NASA TV web page:

NASA Television Now in HD 
NASA TV now has a full-time HD Channel available at no cost to cable and satellite service providers. Live coverage of space shuttle missions, on-orbit video of Earth captured by astronauts aboard the International Space Station, and rocket launches of advanced scientific spacecraft are among the programming offered on NASA HD. Also available are imagery from NASA’s vast array of space satellites, as well as media briefings, presentations by expert lecturers, astronaut interviews and other special events, all in the improved detail and clarity of high-definition.

Contact your local cable or satellite service provider about carrying any NASA HD or any NASA TV channel.

Re: Put NASA channel in U200

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 22, 2011 10:40:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

This is one of the great, unsolved mysteries of Uverse. :smileysad:

Re: Put NASA channel in U200

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 23, 2011 7:23:50 AM
(0)
Guru

dian1950 wrote:

bailorg wrote:

Dead_Terrorist wrote:

They don't carry the ones that matter.

Guess I should have been a little more speeeee-cific ...   Professional Sports subscritpion packages..

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 23, 2011 10:20:49 AM
(0)
Teacher

I put one in for Ch 4 San Diego. We are switching to Cox if they don't gert it figured out by May. :smileysad:

Re: U-verse Channel Request Website

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 23, 2011 10:25:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

LOL.  I'm sure that is what Cox is hoping that you do. :smileywink:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 24, 2011 9:50:58 PM
(0)
Mentor

Ok,

I don't consider the RFD-TV SD and HD "minor" Channels and I also feel the same for the Gospel Music Channel! Which carrys the Dove Awards adn Stellar awards.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 8, 2011 3:35:28 AM
(0)
Scholar

I would like to see Starz in Black HD added....

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2011 7:27:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

dwinth wrote:

With all of the discussion about the Hallmark channels, MLB Channel, Fox Soccer Channel, etc., I was trying to compile a list of major channels that U-Verse is missing. I am not including sub-channels, foreign language channels, and minor channels like RFD. I am only talking about the channels that most people consider the major channels.

My list is:

Hallmark Channel SD and HD

The Hallmark Movie Channel SD and HD

The MLB Network SD and HD

AMC HD

Fox Soccer Channel HD

BBC America HD

MLB Baseball Package

NHL Center Ice

NBA Basketball Package

Are there any that I am missing? If all of the above channels are added, would most U-Verse subscribers finally be happy? I am not including the NFL Package since that is a Direct TV exclusive.

This was my list from several months ago. We can now delete MLB Network SD and HD as well as AMC HD.

Perhaps we can ad BBC World News and RFD to the list.  I feel that any other channels not listed are minor players, maybe not in other member's minds, but on my list.

Are there any other MAJOR channels that I have forgotten?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 30, 2011 11:08:15 PM
(0)
Mentor

My list:

FuelHD

NBC ondemand (Free)

StarzinBlackHD

Epix 1 & 2 HD

NBA/MLB PAckage

But most importantly de-creasing the HD compression.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 13, 2011 9:30:48 AM
(0)
Scholar

I would like to see Yesnetwork/HD moved to the Hd premiere tier where other rsn's are located...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 19, 2011 2:45:21 PM
(0)
Tutor

Chiller HD 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 16, 2011 5:06:35 AM
(0)
Scholar
abc - vod
cbs - vod
nbc - vod
fox - vod
hdnet mov. - vod
E - vod

Comcast,brighthouse and verizon/fios all have them in my area...Central Fl.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 20, 2011 6:17:40 PM
(0)
Contributor

I like lots of things about U-Verse BUT I want HALLMARK CHANNEL AND MOVIES BACK.  I also want U-Verse to pick up all the Braves games.  FSS says U-Verse is opting out of some of the games.  I have the 450 group and get LOTS of duplication.  I would pay a little more to get ALL BRAVES GAMES AND ALL HALLMARK BACK. 

DOES ANYONE FROM ATT-U-VERSE EVER REPLY TO THESE???????????????????

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 20, 2011 7:19:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
No.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 21, 2011 2:46:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I want Hallmark back

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 13, 2011 7:35:17 AM
(0)
Contributor

I just requested Antenna TV, ME TV, and Retro TV.  Love the old tv shows.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 20, 2011 8:01:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

I was shocked at what a crappy selection of music channels they had.

We entertain fairly often and loved the music channels on our DISH [one of the few things we liked with them].  I turned to the music channels on Uvers - and was shocked.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 21, 2011 6:04:40 PM
(0)
Guru

If you think "Music Choice" stinks, you should have been with Uverse when all they had was "The Urge" music channels....

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 22, 2011 10:17:12 PM
(0)
Scholar

What I'd like to see are the return of Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel, in both SD and HD, for a start.

Five more I'd like to see get added in HD:

BBC America HD

Epix HD

Fox Movie Channel HD

IFC HD

Nat Geo Wild HD

I would also like to see locals include subchannels. In my designated marketing area of Detroit, Michigan, they include: This Network TV and Retro Television. (There are also subchannels for PBS.)

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 22, 2011 10:51:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Please enter your channel requests in the  website found in the link shown in the first message of this thread instead in this thread.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 28, 2011 11:33:26 AM
(0)
Contributor

We  have requested BBC America in HD numerous times. However, AT&T U-verse and other program providers are not offering BBC America in HD and apparently not making plans to do so.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 28, 2011 11:37:59 AM
(0)
Contributor

NAT GEO WILD IN HD was added 2 weeks ago on AT&T-Uverse.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 5, 2011 4:23:13 PM
(0)
Contributor
Me too: Epix HD plus CFNews13 (knew we would miss this when we moved from BH to UVerse) or an equivalent to 24 hour local news

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 5, 2011 6:02:13 PM
(0)
Guru

berklee.grad wrote:
Me too: Epix HD plus CFNews13 (knew we would miss this when we moved from BH to UVerse) or an equivalent to 24 hour local news

CF News 13 is a Brighthouse owned and operated news service, so there is virtually no chance AT&T would be able to carry it.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 22, 2011 4:09:41 PM
(0)
Scholar

Universal HD and BBC America Ondemand.

/Would also like if Ondemand told you in the menu if the show was new

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 22, 2011 1:56:08 PM
(0)
Scholar
I would like to request Kabillion on demand and WWE Network plus will U-Verse bring back Hallmark Chanel just in time for the holidays.