07-17-2012 04:17:49 PM
I want to block somebody in my home, who I have given my router password to from getting on the internet at certain times.
I dont mind that she uses the internet, its just when I get home from work and want to play a game on my PS3, I cannot because shes on HER computer downloading stuff and due to this my online gaming suffers greatly.
She doesnt seem to get the hint that I need her to log off so I just want to be able to block her from accessing the internet at certain times. How can I do this?
I am using att uverse. My router/modem is:3801HGV
07-20-2012 02:01:01 PM
Sorry to hear about your issue. Here are the steps:
- Log onto your router web interface.
- Navigate to: Settings > LAN > Wireless. The Wireless page will appear.
- In the MAC filtering section, click Edit Blocked/Allowed Device List link. The Wireless MAC filtering page will appear.
- Select the device you want to block form the Allowed Devices pane.
- Click >>. This will populate the MAC Address in the Blocked Devices Pane.
I am an AT&T ConnecTech employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
I'm here to help with any technical issues you may have but if you need advanced ConnecTech support over the phone, please visit the
ConnecTech website or call 1-800-344-1734 (Phone support is available 8 am – 11 pm Central Time, 7 days a week)