05-07-2012 06:03:15 PM
Dear Customer Relation:
I was told that I can send a feedback on my recent AT&T store shopping experience here and you will take care of it.
I recently just started to subscribe to AT&T DSL service. A few days ago I was trying to buy an AT&T DSL modem at store located at 2794 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA. Their store number I was told is 551-0028 (their phone #). Dawn, the AT&T sales associate was just completed her socializing with a customer. I told her I needed a DSL modem, just the modem only. She went back to the store and took quite a while to finally came out with a box. She said it is a gateway and costs $100. I said it is too expensive for me. I just needed the modem only. She was impatient and initially was reluctant to go back and look for the modem only. She kept telling me that there is no modem only only after I insisted there is one, cause I have checked on the website and called the customer service before. I told her to get the cheapest one, because I am afraid she will not. She then made some sacarstic comment, which I could not hear her clearly. After that, she came out with the DSL modem and I asked how much. She said $75. I was a bit surprised since on the website it said $62.5 when I tried to order it. So, I asked her is there a difference in price if I order online or thru the store. She said no and then said she does not know since she did not know which one I looked at online. My question is regardless of the type of modem. I was asking whether the price will be different for the same thing if you order online or thru the store. She kept repeating the same response as before a few times. It really frustrated me. So, I repeated a few more times my question. She then comment that I do not do that. But, I told her that she did not understand my question. She then comment I have an attitude. This just ticked me off. I immediately walk out and does not want to deal with her anymore.
In short, this is totally unacceptable, unprofessional and unbelievable to have such experience at AT&T, one of the largest networking company in the world, for the following reasons:
1) CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT. GET IT ? The most important is to treat customer with upmost courteous and respect, even if sometime they are not so easy to work with. Customer bring business to you and that's why you still have a job.
2) Dawn for the whole time showing a very lazy and arrogant attitude. She did not carry herself in a professional attire. She appears to be like a low class and uneducated and uncivilized person.
3) I was about to buy the modem if I only be explained cleary why there is a difference in the pricing between online and thru the store (which I found out later thru the AT&T customer service).
4) This experience totally eclipses my expectation on AT&T and it's reputation with me. It will be very hard for me to recommend AT&T to others and for me to extend my service thru them.
5) I have been to T-mobile local store many times for asking about thier service. They are so patient and professional with me even at the end I did not purchase their service. But, I will definitely recommend them and use them when I need to.
AT&T should be very careful in hiring their personel, even though it may be a low paying job. The reason is simple. Those are the people who face customer everyday. They represent AT&T !
I hope the AT&T customer relation will rectify this at that local store, seriously.
05-11-2012 10:56:55 AM
Welcome to the Community Shawn. I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience and thank you for the feedback. Please send me a Private Message (click hyperlink to send me a PM) with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you. We'll get you in touch with the group that can look into it.
*To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)
Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.
Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.