Posted Feb 22, 2009
(FUZE) Cannot send Text messages

Hello all. I picked up this phone a few days ago and cannot send Text/Multimedia messages at all. I can still recieve them from other people, however. Is there a fix for this? I already called Tech support, and they had me do a hard reboot (Something like that... it wiped my phone), which temporarily fixed it. However, the problem came back.

Please help! 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
2-22-2009 5:22:42 AM
(0)
I will tell you right now. I wouldgo switch it for another one. I had the same issue. Switched to a new sim card, hard reset, etc. nothing fixed it. It's a problem with that phone. The tech support didn't know how to fix it and said to exchange it for another one.
Accepted Solution

(FUZE) Cannot send Text messages

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 22, 2009
(0)

Do you get an error message?

If you do a soft reset ( pressing the reset button on the botton of the device) do they send after it reboots?

Have you tried a different SIM card?

You do have a signal when the problem occurs, correct?

For MMS messages, you must have a data connection.  If you have data blocked in any way, they will not send.

Text and MMS messages requires access to the cellular network, they will not send via WiFi.

Re: (FUZE) Cannot send Text messages

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Feb 22, 2009
(0)
I will tell you right now. I wouldgo switch it for another one. I had the same issue. Switched to a new sim card, hard reset, etc. nothing fixed it. It's a problem with that phone. The tech support didn't know how to fix it and said to exchange it for another one.

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 22, 2009
(0)

Where as it's a new phone, I would think that you wouldn't need this patch, but try it out and see if it helps.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=d9d71b2e-d2dd-44f2-86e5-1e53aad7fb7a&displa...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 22, 2009
(0)

Linkfan551 wrote:

Hello all. I picked up this phone a few days ago and cannot send Text/Multimedia messages at all. I can still recieve them from other people, however. Is there a fix for this? I already called Tech support, and they had me do a hard reboot (Something like that... it wiped my phone), which temporarily fixed it. However, the problem came back.

Please help! 

If you have not tried this already, try the sms and mms setting as listed below.

1. From the standby screen, tap Start.

2. Tap Phone.

3. Tap Menu.

4. Tap Options.

5. Tap the Services tab.

6. Highlight "Voice Mail and Text Messages," then tap Get Settings.

7. Enter appropriate Message Center Number, then tap ok.

Configure Multimedia Messaging (MMS) Settings with the HTC FUZE  Fix:
HTC FUZE Keypad Layout
  1. From the standby screen, tap Start.

2. Tap Programs.

3. Tap Messaging.

4. Tap Messaging.

5. Tap Messages.

6. Tap Menu.

7. Tap MMS Options.

8. Tap Servers.

9. Tap AT&T MMS.

10. Verify the following, then tap Done.

• Server Name: AT&T MMS
    • Gateway: wireless.cingular.com
    • Port number: 80
    • Server address: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    • Connect via: MEdia Net
    • Send limit: 600K

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 22, 2009
(0)

No error messages, they just sit in the outbox.

I haven't tried the patch yet, downloading it now.

And I have a messaging and data unilmited plan

All settings are correct.

And as for replacing the FUZE... do all of them have this issue? I don't want to take it back only to have the same problem.

Message Edited by Linkfan551 on 02-22-2009 11:21:34 AM

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 22, 2009
(0)

The second one was fine for me. I never had the problem again after that. Just some of the phones had the issue. Had checked the settings and everything and nothing fixed it. So I'll be honest, just replace it. Much easier. You can try the fixes but doubt they will work. it's something wrong with the software that is installed.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 22, 2009
(0)
I took it back today and had it replaced. Everything is working fine for now. (Who knows if another problem may come up...)

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 22, 2009
(0)

Glad you got everything fixed. Hope you like your phone. I've loved mine since I got it. Just been trying to get a bug or two I have had fixed.

Good luck.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 26, 2009
(0)
Same as my settings but still not working after the 6.1 update.. worked fine untill the upgrade..
Message Edited by ndpc on 07-26-2009 04:44:44 PM

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 29, 2009
(0)