Posted Jun 22, 2011
7:45:18 AM
Go phone sim card?

Will my at&t go phone sim card work in an unlocked blackberry bold?? My go phone is laying on its death bed and I don't want to get a new number & a contract.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Jun 22, 2011 10:59:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yes, it should.  If you purchased your GoPhone within the last year or so, it's possible it's SIM is locked to the phone it was activated with; but if that's the case at&t customer service should unlock it for you so that you can use it with an alternate device.  If not, you can visit a local Corporate at&t store and just ask them for a new SIM that is provisioned with your current account/phone number information.  If you have to go that route you may need to add funds to your account while in the store to keep them from charging you $25 for a replacement SIM.

If you purchased your GoPhone a couple of years ago or more, you shouldn't have any trouble with just moving your SIM to an unlocked phone of your choice - just make certain it has both the 850 and 1900 mhz frequencies that at&t uses.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Go phone sim card?

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Jun 22, 2011 10:59:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yes, it should.  If you purchased your GoPhone within the last year or so, it's possible it's SIM is locked to the phone it was activated with; but if that's the case at&t customer service should unlock it for you so that you can use it with an alternate device.  If not, you can visit a local Corporate at&t store and just ask them for a new SIM that is provisioned with your current account/phone number information.  If you have to go that route you may need to add funds to your account while in the store to keep them from charging you $25 for a replacement SIM.

If you purchased your GoPhone a couple of years ago or more, you shouldn't have any trouble with just moving your SIM to an unlocked phone of your choice - just make certain it has both the 850 and 1900 mhz frequencies that at&t uses.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Go phone sim card?

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 23, 2011 8:51:53 PM
(0)
Tutor

thank you soo  much, and i purchased it in september of last year.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 24, 2011 4:47:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

You're welcome. :smileyhappy:

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 1, 2012 7:57:47 AM
(0)
Contributor

i have a unlock htc amaze 4g from t mobile .. i can use phone with go phone ??

an how i add a data plan?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 6, 2012 7:36:04 AM
(0)
Tutor

i have just bought an HTC(freestyle i think) its for ATT but i have a go phone will they work together? or will it charge me more

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 6, 2012 9:13:34 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

That depends on the plan you currently have and if the SIM card will work/fit into the Inspire. 

It should work just fine but without knowing what plan you have now, we can't determine if you'll have to add features.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2012 6:26:52 AM
(0)
Tutor

Well i have an unlimited talk, text, and web and i pay $50 a month. this phone is for AT&T so i'd say that my sims card should work. hopefully.