Posted Jan 8, 2010
1:27:44 PM
What is "*Now" in my Address Book?

hi Y'all,

I've been curious about something... When I go to Menu then to  Address Book there is a listing labled  "*Now"  with a number of  "*669" just below the entry.   Anyone have a clue what it is?  I know I didn't place it there   :-\

My phone is a Samsung Propel.

Thankx in advance,

B.W.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Jan 8, 2010 2:35:43 PM
(0)
Expert
That short code will return the upgrade availability for that line of service.
Accepted Solution

What is "*Now" in my Address Book?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Jan 8, 2010 2:35:43 PM
(0)
Expert

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

Re: What is "*Now" in my Address Book?

2 of 7 (3,362 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 9, 2010 3:49:58 PM
(0)
Scholar

wilcre wrote:

Thank you,  Wilcre.  I've noticed  the  *Now  on the 3 phones I have but,  never knew what they were for.

hoping a warm, happy weekend for you, 

B.W.

3 of 7 (3,304 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 23, 2010 1:41:50 PM
(0)
Tutor

wilcre wrote:

I'm sorry, but what do you mean "return" the upgrade availability?  I'm not sure what you mean by "return".

Thanks so much. I had no idea what that meant either.

4 of 7 (3,023 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 23, 2010 1:45:20 PM
(0)
Expert

oldladyfan wrote:

wilcre wrote:

I'm sorry, but what do you mean "return" the upgrade availability?  I'm not sure what you mean by "return".

When you use *NOW, you query the system what the upgrade date is for that line, the system then "Returns" the eligibility date to you.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

5 of 7 (3,018 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 23, 2010 1:51:25 PM
(0)
Tutor

wilcre wrote:

oldladyfan wrote:

wilcre wrote:

When you use *NOW, you query the system what the upgrade date is for that line, the system then "Returns" the eligibility date to you.

Oh, so it does't do anything to your phone; just gives you the information? I'm sorry if I seem so dumb about this.

6 of 7 (3,015 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 24, 2010 2:56:02 PM
(0)
Expert

oldladyfan wrote:

wilcre wrote:

oldladyfan wrote:

wilcre wrote:

Oh, so it does't do anything to your phone; just gives you the information? I'm sorry if I seem so dumb about this.

Correct and no need to worry about it.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

7 of 7 (2,965 Views)