Posted Jan 19, 2013
3:32:26 PM
Will Straight Talk phones work on AT&T's service?

Hello.  I heard that Straight Talk phones use AT&T Wireless cell phone towers.  Is this true?  Do Straigh Talk phones work with AT&T service?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Jan 22, 2013 9:28:31 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Yes, your SIM card will work with an AT&T compatible or unlocked GSM phone. Per the Straight Talk website; to activate your service, you will need a Straight Talk Unlimited 30-day Service Plan card or credit card. Some data services may not be available with all wireless devices.

Accepted Solution

Will Straight Talk phones work on AT&T's service?

11 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Jan 22, 2013 9:28:31 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Yes, your SIM card will work with an AT&T compatible or unlocked GSM phone. Per the Straight Talk website; to activate your service, you will need a Straight Talk Unlimited 30-day Service Plan card or credit card. Some data services may not be available with all wireless devices.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Will Straight Talk phones work on AT&T's service?

2 of 12 (50,023 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 23, 2013 9:55:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Curious to know if AT&T phones would work with Straight Talk, the other way around?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 12 (49,946 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 27, 2013 7:58:14 PM
(0)
Mentor

I already have AT&T Wireless service.  I was just wondering if the phone would work on AT&T's network with my number.

4 of 12 (49,599 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 31, 2013 6:12:11 AM
(0)
Contributor
Can you tell me which data features will not work? I am considering purchasing a Nexus 4, and Att is pretty much my only option of carrier. Before i purchase the phone from google, i would like to know exactly what i am getting into.

5 of 12 (46,409 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 31, 2013 5:12:09 PM
(0)
Teacher
All Nexus 4 features work on AT&T just make sure your on a HSPA+ 4G plan. Or you can use straight talk 45$ unlimited Talk,Text,Data

6 of 12 (46,367 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 2, 2013 5:02:02 AM
(0)
Tutor

I currently have 3 phones with Straight Talk.  I have one that is unlocked that I will be switching now to AT&T.  My question is, I also have an Iphone 4 and a Samsung Galaxy S3 that I bought with Straight Talk/ as Straight Talk phones.  Can I switch these over to AT&T with problem as well?  If so, do I need to get SIM cards?

7 of 12 (39,066 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 2, 2013 6:54:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by Wild Banchi on Aug 2, 2013 at 6:56:56 AM

skduke wrote:

I currently have 3 phones with Straight Talk.  I have one that is unlocked that I will be switching now to AT&T.  My question is, I also have an Iphone 4 and a Samsung Galaxy S3 that I bought with Straight Talk/ as Straight Talk phones.  Can I switch these over to AT&T with problem as well?  If so, do I need to get SIM cards?

Yes, you shouldn't have a problem carrying over your iPhone 4 and your S III as long as they are unlocked. You will need to get new microSIM cards for both phones. You can either activate the SIMs yourself or simply go to an AT&T store to get new ones. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
8 of 12 (39,033 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 2, 2013 1:19:24 PM
(0)
Tutor
Okay, thank you. I received a different response from someone else in this
forum saying I would need an unlock code as well from Straight Talk. Do you
know if that is true?

Re: Will Straight Talk phones work on AT

9 of 12 (38,967 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 2, 2013 9:48:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Yes, you will need to get an unlock code for both phones in order to unlock them and bring them to AT&T.

10 of 12 (38,896 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 12, 2013 8:26:32 PM
(0)
Contributor

have you found the answer to this question? i was wondering the same thing.

11 of 12 (31,250 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 13, 2013 8:08:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

hayleywhiteside wrote:

have you found the answer to this question? i was wondering the same thing.

Yes, they are compatible. The second post of this thread is marked as the accepted solution. 

12 of 12 (31,147 Views)