Posted Jan 3, 2010
obtaining a PUK code for a pay-as-you-go phone
ok, i've searched and searched and been led in the same circle about 15 times, my frustration level is about topped off, so i'm really hoping when i check back, some nice person has taken the time to help me out!! lol, my husband has locked himself out of his samsung a177, now we need a PUK code to unlock it, well, when i first started this mission i thought it was gonna be pretty easy, but apparently looks are deceiving on this mission, because while i've found some advice to try out, it's not working, and i think it's because what i'm reading is for customers with real plans, instead of pay as you go, so if anyone knows how to obtain this code, i would be most grateful!!! i've tried logging into my wireless account, then i'm re-directed to a payasyougo wireless page that offers a support tick, when i click on that, the circle just starts again, so any advice or suggestions are very appreciated.  Thanks in advance to anyone willing to take the time!!!

obtaining a PUK code for a pay-as-you-go phone

7 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 4, 2010
(0)
Scholar
If you call AT&T customer care and give them the IMEI and your SIM card number, they will give you two codes. Or even on AT&T.COM (this site) shows you the number if you register your phone.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Re: obtaining a PUK code for a pay-as-you-go phone

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 2, 2011
(0)
Contributor

A bit difficult to call customer care when you need a PUK code to unlock the phone you need to use to call customer care, I'm finding... Please do me a favor and let your employer know that I don't appreciate being given the run-around on customer service just because I have a Pay-As-You-Go Phone. Not usually one to flame, but WOW. If you don't have a contract, you can't even get to a link to SEND CUSTOMER SERVICE AN E-MAIL! What the!?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 25, 2012
(0)
Contributor

My phone locked me out too and I am highly unhappy about being led around. And how the h-e-double hockey sticks am I supposed to call customer service if  I do not have a phone!!!!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 26, 2012
(0)
Contributor

Ok so i am having this problem now! Can u please tell me how u got ur code?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 26, 2012
(0)
ACE - Master

amber122992 wrote:

Ok so i am having this problem now! Can u please tell me how u got ur code?

Call customer service and they can walk you through the process.  

Here is text from one of the support articles here online:

Get the PUK code for my GoPhone device

GoPhone accounts will not be able to retrieve the PUK online from myAT&T. You will need to contact Customer Service by dialing 611 from your wireless phone or 1-800-901-9878 (Pay As You Go) or 1-866-499-7888 (Pick Your Plan) from a landline phone.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 21, 2013
(0)
Contributor

I am trying to obtain a PUK code so i can unlock my phone but this is saying that i call customer service but how am i suppost to do that when i dont have a phone to call off of!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 28, 2013
(0)
ACE - Master

christineallen1234t wrote:

I am trying to obtain a PUK code so i can unlock my phone but this is saying that i call customer service but how am i suppost to do that when i dont have a phone to call off of!

Use a different phone such as a landline. If you don't have one, ask a family member, friend, neighbor, etc. if you could borrow their's for a few minutes. I'm sure there are still a few pay phone booths around somewhere, too. 

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.