01-14-2012 10:01:01 PM
There is a program available for download from https://pccheck.att.com/ that is supposed to scan your PC and identify problems in several areas. I have downloaded it twice but it fails to run beyond the loading stage.
My machine, XP Professional SP3, exceeds the minimum requirements for this program to run, there is no checksum but the size is 15,399 KB
Does anyone have any idea as to what could be the problem
01-26-2012 12:14:40 PM
I will need more information to be able to help with your issue. Please answer the following:
- Is there an error message you're receiving?
- Are you logged on as administrator?
- Is this a personal PC or is it a corporate PC/has it ever been on a corporate network?
- PC Info
- HD size and remaining free space
- Are you downloading & saving the file to your PC and running from there or are you selecting Run when the download box comes up? Have you tried both? If not what happens when you do?
- Are you running a firewall/AV program?
- If so have you tried shutting it down and running the install?
- Can you send a screenshot of the point at which the install is hanging or stopping?
I am an AT&T ConnecTech employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
I'm here to help with any technical issues you may have but if you need advanced ConnecTech support over the phone, please visit the
ConnecTech website or call 1-800-344-1734 (Phone support is available 8 am – 11 pm Central Time, 7 days a week)