04-04-2009 12:21:59 PM
Since I know AT&T sometimes checks this board, I've come up with some suggestions for Usability (which you can NEVER underestimate - just look at TIVO).
1) Favorites HAVE to be made easier to use. I shouldn't have to click 3-4X just to get to that guide. Also, when I click regular Guide after going to a "Favorite", it should take me to that channel by default. Currently, it just goes somewhere seemingly at random.
2) ANY menu or sub-menu should have the ability to have the A,B,C buttons programmed to bring you directly there. Should be a Options setting.
3) Season passes should be made easier and have a set of defaults to be remembered for future ones (i.e. Record in SD or HD, First Run only, etc).
4) The Guide should be customizable to show or not show the PIP so that more real estate can be claimed for a longer guide.
5) When programming Favorites, we should be able to just type the channel to go directly to it to set rather than clicking page forward.
6) VERY IMPORTANT! The jump forward button currently jumps forward 35-40 seconds. It should be exactly 30 seconds since that's the length of a typical commercial.
7) VERY IMPORTANT! We should be able to "stack" jump forward button clicks and not have to wait for the previous one to end. TIVO and DirecTV can do this and DirecTV goes further in that they put a small icon that you are going forward with the number of times you've clicked it. Nice!
8) ANY of these things should be able to be done via a web interface as well; possibly just internal to the router if necessary so that the computer can be used and can be done faster than with the remote.
9) Sometimes the remote doesn't respond when clicking a button and you have to press the buttons harder. This should be fixed for the remote to be more responsive.
04-04-2009 01:47:25 PM
As to your #6, why when I keep pushing the 'fwd' button I seem to land on the beginning of the next segment of a program about 75% of the time if it's not timed correctly (or pretty close-all commercials are not just 30 or 60 sec long). #9 have a hunch it just ignored that push, the green power light probably blinked saying it got it, get that one once in a while. I don't use the Favorites, thought they were too much of a hassle, would rather have different guide choices.
Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
04-04-2009 02:11:49 PM
Agreed to your Favorites comment. I think they should have 2-3 favorites menus that you can set. And they should be 1-2 clicks away; even set as the default Guide when Guide is chosen.
Most commercials are 15-30 seconds. But the button doesn't match that well. More important, you can't stack them so you have to wait for each one.