04-15-2012 08:47:20 PM
I recently programmed my black remote for my TV (a Vizio 42"), but now unless I press the TV button, it controls the STB volume. It is a pain having to switch it between AT&T and TV mode to control the receiver and control the volume. Is there a way to just have the volume always control the TV?
04-15-2012 10:08:40 PM
Try the following:
1) Press and hold the AT&T button on the remote.
2) Press the OK button and release it and the AT&T button at the same time. All the universal lights will flash twice.
3) Type 955. The AT&T button will flash twice.
4) Press the TV button. The TV button will flash twice.
5. Press the AT&T button
04-17-2012 11:11:28 AM
I tried that, but it didn't make any difference. It still controls STB volume when in AT&T mode, or TV volume in TV mode. Any more suggestions?
04-17-2012 11:32:13 AM
Reset the remote to factory settings:
- Press and hold the AT&T key on the remote control.
- Without releasing the AT&T key, press and hold the OK key.
- Release both the AT&T key and the OK key.
All four mode keys will flash twice to indicate programming mode.
- Enter programming code 900 by pressing the number keys on the remote control. The AT&T key will flash three times indicating the code was successfully entered and the remote has been reset to the default settings.
After the reset, reprogram your remote from your TV: MENU > Help > System Set-up > Program your U-verse Remote