Posted Oct 18, 2013
4:39:25 PM
Remotes not working anymore?
Edited by bowmanb on Oct 18, 2013 at 4:40:37 PM

We've had for them for a while now, and yesterday both remotes suddenly partially stopped working. I've went through and messed around to see what worked and what didn't, and the only things that don't work are Volume and the TV+Power (to turn off the TV via remote). Everything else seems to work just fine. Both remotes have the same problem and according to my grandma and uncle, stopped working around the same time.

What's going on?

Remotes not working anymore?

[ Edited ]
7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 18, 2013 5:04:29 PM
(0)
Employee
Sounds as if someone reset the remotes to out of box condition, restoring factory settings, losing TV assignments.
This may help you to reprogram remotes if do not have booklet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xM6oEVtLSA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Besr, hope this helps.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Remotes not working anymore?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 18, 2013 5:05:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
bowmanb - Of course you have tried fresh batteries?? Easy to overlook. But, it is quite common for the down volume to wear out. One of mine did. Just call in for a fee replacement. Many have gotten more than one for free.If there is an objection you can probably het help here from attcustmercare mgr.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 18, 2013 5:41:09 PM
(0)
Community Support

Also, one thing that might have happened is the remotes just got switched around in the house. Happens to me a lot at my house. The remotes are specifically programmed to the TV, and it sounds like only the TV specific functions went out, so hopefully you can swap the remotes around and it works.

Let us know how it goes!

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 18, 2013 6:03:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by aviewer on Oct 18, 2013 at 6:07:01 PM

DavidCS - I think you nailed it! Reading MT's post made me wonder why I did not think of that. But, yours is way farther down in the depths.

That's why I love a forum - three people can read the same post and come up with three answers based on differences in interpretation and recent experience.

That's why these things need to be written down - They're all in one place. One of them has to right.

I think this one goes to David T.

How about taping a label on each remote or colorcoded tape??

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 19, 2013 12:25:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Also make sure the ATT button at top has been pressed before giving a remote signal.... Sometimes the TV button next to the ATT button gets pressed. Make sure your on the ATT function and not TV, DVD,or AUX

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 5, 2014 9:19:07 PM
(0)
Contributor

When I tried to watch the video on youtube, I go the message "sorry this video is private"

Bottom line is that my remote is still not working.  I have followed all the instructions on your help line. My remote is S-4, which no. is not mentioned in your instructions and I am wondering if that has anything to do with the fact that the steps I am following are not working.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 6, 2014 4:57:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
m_damri86 - High level things you can do are:
Be sure the batteries are fresh.
Do you have multiple remotes? They may be reversed by TV.
Be sure att button blinks when you press menu guide channel change OK Power button.

After that, please be more specific about what the remote does & does not do.
Does it control the STB?
Does it control the TV?
If everything else works, is it a problem with power sequence or volume?