08-13-2012 09:24:42 PM
I have the 3801HGV with a block of satic IP addresses.
There is a host name in my internal DNS that is not on the 3801HGV device list.
I have an active directory cluster that I want to nat a public ip to the cluster ip.
Is there a way to do this?
08-14-2012 05:54:25 AM
If not, log onto the cluster and ping the 3801HGV from that private IP address. This should force the device to appear in the device list.
08-14-2012 06:45:47 AM
No it does not show up in the device. There is no way to logon to the cluster. The ip address is just an IP address for an object that controls failover for two servers.
08-14-2012 05:22:42 PM
You will have to trick the RG into putting this IP address into its device list. Try this:
1. Shut down the cluster so that both computers are not responding.
2. Temporarily assign the cluster's IP address to another computer.
3. Ping the RG from that computer.
4. Shut down that computer.
5. Wait about 10 minutes so that the RG's ARP cache times out. That way, next time the RG needs to contact that IP address, it must issue an ARP request.
6. Start the cluster back up.
7. Once it's running, attempt to configure the firewall on the RG, you should now have the IP address listed in the device list.