Posted Aug 29, 2013
8:51:37 PM
Motorola NVG589

Just recieved this new Gateway today because I upgraded to the Power 45 internet. Everything was working great but when I try to sign into the firewall settings or modify the wireless security settings the modem asks for my access code which I enter but it then takes me back to the very 1st page of when I 1st go to 192.168.1.254 (http://192.168.1.254/cgi-bin/home.ha). I was able to do it successfully earlier because I had already changed my wifi password.I have tried rebooting the gateway twice and my computer, different web browsers and that does not work. I am though able to sign in from my smartphone and it works just fine. But I would like to be able to sign into the site from my desktop. Any ideas to get it working again?

Motorola NVG589

2 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 31, 2013 8:42:58 PM
(0)
Employee

There are two passwords on the RG, the wireless key and the system password. You sure you are putting in the correct one, the system password?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Motorola NVG589

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 21, 2013 5:54:26 PM
(0)
Tutor

I did a hard reset using the reset button in the back and I was able to use the default access code again. It was happening to me while trying to go into different areas such as the firewallsettings or the wireless settings. It had me in a loop. The hard reset cleared it.

Re: Motorola NVG589

[ Edited ]