Posted Apr 26, 2010
3:23:49 PM
View profile
Can I get copied on my daughter's texts?

I know other carriers have a feature where you can read your child's texts online but it doesn't look like ATT offers it.  I have a friend who's family member has an iPhone and when his son sends a text or receives on, a copy is sent to his phone for review.  I can't seem to find this service or feature is available with ATT. 

Any idea if they do or if there is an "app for that" on non iPhones?

Can I get copied on my daughter's texts?

6 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2010 1:58:29 PM
(0)
Expert

tr76 wrote:

I know other carriers have a feature where you can read your child's texts online but it doesn't look like ATT offers it.  I have a friend who's family member has an iPhone and when his son sends a text or receives on, a copy is sent to his phone for review.  I can't seem to find this service or feature is available with ATT. 

Any idea if they do or if there is an "app for that" on non iPhones?

I can not forsee any carrier doing that, they would be sued so fast they would have to clsoe shop, you will ahve to get a hold fo the actual phone to see the messages.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

Re: Can I get copied on my daughter's texts?

2 of 7 (26,608 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 6, 2010 10:55:54 AM
(0)
Teacher

I would personally disable TXT messaging on my child's phone.  A child has no reason at all to use this service, and a phone should be provided only for emergency contact.  In my opinion.

When you can trust a child enough to behave appropriately with the device is when they should have it.

3 of 7 (26,505 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2010 12:53:56 PM
(0)
Guru

I have never heard of an app that does that, but I don't have an iPhone.  But, I would recommend blocking data on your daughter's phone to prevent picture messaging.  With the inappropriate and even illegal messages that kids send each other, I would want to protect my kids from that if they were still underage.  Your daughter may never do it, but she cannot control what others might send to her.  A data block would not allow any picture messages to be sent or received.

4 of 7 (26,482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2010 8:41:33 AM
(0)
Tutor

Hi.  I checked around on the internet and there is a free native iPhone app (note that iPhone is currently only avail to AT&T subs) that allows someone to download an app to the iPhone and then "backup" or import all the text messages from the phone to the web over the air. 

The upload process does not occur automatically, rather someone (e.g. parent) has to have the phone in hand and initiate the upload.  This means that if the child deleted some of his/her messages, they would not be avail for import.  Go to youarchive.it for more info. 

5 of 7 (26,371 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2010 2:05:14 PM
(0)
Scholar

check out this service http://www.mymobilewatchdog.com/ for non iphone devices :smileywink:

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

6 of 7 (25,512 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2010 2:11:59 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by RiotGirrrl on Jun 27, 2010 at 2:13:08 PM

rosa.limones wrote:

check out this service http://www.mymobilewatchdog.com/ for non iphone devices :smileywink:

Nice tip Rosa  this will be very helpful :smileyhappy:

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
7 of 7 (25,509 Views)