Posted Dec 3, 2007
6:27:09 PM
Parental Controls | AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless™
Does anyone know when AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless™ is likely to be re-implemented.
I was told that there had been issues with the 'e911' setup errors where the emergency services were not able to call back due to call restrictions.

I have read the blurb on the AT&T site and think that it will be very useful since BigBrat (12yrs) gets his own phone this christmas!

Parental Controls | AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless™

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 16, 2007 10:33:00 AM
(0)
Voyager
I spoke with someone at an ATT store a couple of weeks ago, and they were expecting it to be available by the holidays.

Re: Parental Controls | AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless™

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 16, 2007 2:49:47 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by Sentry on Dec 19, 2007 at 1:40:22 PM
I read an article stating that it had been re-released again. 

[please check your Private Message inbox by clicking this icon: . Thank you. - Sentry]

Message Edited by Sentry on 12-19-2007 04:40:22 PM

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 28, 2007 10:49:30 AM
(0)
Contributor
Your link shows a special of $3.99/month and it requires a pin.  I don't have a pin in any of my emails, I want to sign up for this does anyone know if it is available and how to sign up??

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 28, 2007 11:03:12 AM
(0)
Contributor
Well I tried the security PIN I had put in place for our account and it did take me to the next page but listed  0 phone numbers associated with my account!

All my accounts come up for renewal this spring and I'd like to stay with AT&T but I will look around at other servers if they have a parental control like this.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 28, 2007 11:48:33 AM
(0)
Scholar

Orlando1234 wrote:
Well I tried the security PIN I had put in place for our account and it did take me to the next page but listed  0 phone numbers associated with my account!

All my accounts come up for renewal this spring and I'd like to stay with AT&T but I will look around at other servers if they have a parental control like this.

Somewhere i read the re-lauch was only for the first customer that added the service and then was removed, only for them.. the pin was sent to them via email..

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 29, 2007 1:32:27 PM
(0)
Scholar
zaiko is correct.  the re-release was for customers who already had the smart limits.
2nd quarter is the word I heard for the release to everyone.  Just a lil bird though!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 10, 2008 11:02:58 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Orlando1234 on Jan 10, 2008 at 11:04:01 AM
THanks for that. It can't get here soon enough! I have been a customer (CIngular) for about 5 years and have never heard of this before. Was this an AT&T thing?

Message Edited by Orlando1234 on 01-10-2008 11:04:01 AM

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 10, 2008 3:50:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
It was released for just a very brief period late last year - apparently there were issues with the e-911 implementation as a result and the service had to be discontinued while they worked the kinks out of it.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 28, 2008 10:49:14 PM
(0)
Contributor
OK, call me slow.  I have no idea why it seems that everything with AT&T - i.e., from signing up to post on these forums to enrolling and using new features (i.e, my current question) - is so complicated when compared with Cingular.  I will get used to it I suppose......

I signed up for Smart Limits for my daughter's phone line and received an e-mail telling me the following:

Dear Parent,

Thank you for selecting Smart Limits for Wireless™, the innovative new service from AT&T that allows you to set limits on how and when your child can use his/her cell phone.

***Important Note for this First Billing Cycle Only***

The AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless service was added to your account after the billing cycle began. The Text/IM Limits and Download Limits you create for this first billing cycle may need to be lower than what you would normally choose, to allow for your child�s usage before AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless was activated. More information will be provided when you log in.

Please pay special attention to the messages within AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless regarding this matter.

Getting Started with AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless

To access Smart Limits for Wireless, go to att.com/myWireless. Once logged in, you will see a �Manage Smart Limits for Wireless� link at the bottom of the Voice & Data Usage section. If you do not already have a login and password, you will be asked to register.

For extra account protection, we recommend that you establish a special security password for your account. Once established, anyone attempting to access your account will be asked to provide the additional passcode. To create your special security password, contact customer care by dialing 611 on your handset or 1-800-331-0500.

Please do not reply to this email as it will go to an unmonitored mailbox.

Thank You,
The AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless Team

I've been unable to access Smart Limits with the instructions above - can anybody help?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 29, 2008 3:37:11 AM
(0)
Expert

mbmaher wrote:
OK, call me slow.  I have no idea why it seems that everything with AT&T - i.e., from signing up to post on these forums to enrolling and using new features (i.e, my current question) - is so complicated when compared with Cingular.  I will get used to it I suppose......

I signed up for Smart Limits for my daughter's phone line and received an e-mail telling me the following:

Dear Parent,

Thank you for selecting Smart Limits for Wireless™, the innovative new service from AT&T that allows you to set limits on how and when your child can use his/her cell phone.

***Important Note for this First Billing Cycle Only***

The AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless service was added to your account after the billing cycle began. The Text/IM Limits and Download Limits you create for this first billing cycle may need to be lower than what you would normally choose, to allow for your child�s usage before AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless was activated. More information will be provided when you log in.

Please pay special attention to the messages within AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless regarding this matter.

Getting Started with AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless

To access Smart Limits for Wireless, go to att.com/myWireless. Once logged in, you will see a �Manage Smart Limits for Wireless� link at the bottom of the Voice & Data Usage section. If you do not already have a login and password, you will be asked to register.

For extra account protection, we recommend that you establish a special security password for your account. Once established, anyone attempting to access your account will be asked to provide the additional passcode. To create your special security password, contact customer care by dialing 611 on your handset or 1-800-331-0500.

Please do not reply to this email as it will go to an unmonitored mailbox.

Thank You,
The AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless Team

I've been unable to access Smart Limits with the instructions above - can anybody help?

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.