Posted Apr 6, 2008
1:19:57 PM
Phone number block/Unknown
Hi,

If I have a phone number blocked, can someone circumvent that block by calling with their Caller ID blocked?

If so, can AT&T offer an option on this service to block all incoming calls that do not have their Caller ID on, such as for "Unknown" numbers?

Thank you.

Phone number block/Unknown

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 16, 2008 5:41:50 PM
(0)
Contributor
You can block certian numbers im not sure exactly how im trying to see how to UN do it.

Re: Phone number block/Unknown

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 9, 2008 12:32:40 AM
(0)
Teacher
you can block up to 15 phone numbers.  if it comes from other numbers it wont block them.  If its private AT&T's switch can see thru that and will block the number. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 11, 2008 12:38:53 PM
(0)
Contributor
How can I block numbers and if a call comes in Private is there a way to block that one too even if I don't see a number?
Is there a charge for call block?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 12, 2008 6:44:25 AM
(0)
Expert

BbonHere wrote:
     How can I block numbers and if a call comes in Private is there a way to block that one too even if I don't see a number?

Check this link HERE.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 13, 2008 11:48:42 AM
(0)
Master

BbonHere wrote:

I'm not sure AT&T's SmartLimits can block Private numbers, unless you actually know what that private number is :smileysad:

I know that there are 3rd party software that can do this.

Assuming you have a WM phone, you can try MagiCall or Photo Contacts Pro. Both of them have "reject unknown" or "reject private numbers" options. You can download a free trial (do one until it expires then the other, so you'll have a total of 7-10 days of "free use" ) -- Then you can decide which one (if any) works better for you. (Or maybe your problem will go away after).

If you do *not* have a WM phone, you might want to search for a Reject list, some phones have that built in. I think it would be located under Start > Phone > Settings ...

HTH

Message Edited by csp_gp on 05-13-2008 02:48:56 PM

[ Edited ]