Posted Feb 25, 2011
2:42:41 AM
Friday Funny

I always like to start off Friday with a joke.

So here's one!

Top ten signs you bought a bad computer

10. Lower corner of screen has the words "Etch-a-sketch" on it.

9. It's celebrity spokesman is that "Hey Vern!" guy.

8. In order to start it, you need some jumper cables and a friend's car.

7. It's slogan is "Pentium: redefining mathematics".

6. The "quick reference" manual is 120 pages long.

5. Whenever you turn it on, all the dogs in your neighborhood start howling.

4. The screen often displays the message, "Ain't it break time yet?"

3. The manual contains only one sentence: "Good Luck!"

2. The only chip inside is a Dorito.

1. You've decided that your computer is an excellent addition to your fabulous paperweight collection.

Happy Friday!

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Ask an Expert Event - Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Friday 10/17 learn more

Friday Funny

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 13, 2012 3:30:42 PM
(0)
Employee

You are missing about 5 of these

11.) It says "Dell" on it

12.) It says "HP" on it

13.) you bought it at wal-mart and the manufacturer is someone you will never hear of or can speak to on the phone. 

14.)Recovery disks? on that was on the hard drive!

15.) You could have bought your exact model on craigslist cheaper and the poster mentions it being "trash". 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Friday Funny

2 of 5 (1,454 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 19, 2012 7:16:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

My personal favorite and the recovery disc are on the hard drive and we know those don't fail and everyone that buys a computer uses the make a copy of your recovery on a disc or USB since most of the new Air's and Ultra's will not be including an optical drive for some stupid reason.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (1,416 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 23, 2012 6:48:43 PM
(0)
Employee

oz_1 wrote:

My personal favorite and the recovery disc are on the hard drive and we know those don't fail and everyone that buys a computer uses the make a copy of your recovery on a disc or USB since most of the new Air's and Ultra's will not be including an optical drive for some stupid reason.

I agree... that is a pet peeve of mine. I yelled at my sister when she didn't make the disks for hers. She was like "Well can't you just fix it?" I am like "Sure... but recovery disks makes my job a lot easier, and last time I checked you don't pay me." I got back... "oh"

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 5 (1,403 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 3, 2013 12:39:30 AM
(0)
Visitor

Well, I do have a new computer and it does have "DELL" on it.  However, what makes it bad is that it also has Windows 8 installed.

I am oakathletics aka DJ (oh, and I don't work for ATT .. but did many, many yrs ago in Oakland ... I'm retired and you got it ... I watch a lot of oakathletics' games.  :smileyhappy:

Seriously, saw a note from one of the "members" here, tonight before I signed up (can no longer find it) but he/she was commenting about the teeny tiny-like font being generated by the new email.  I am having all sorts of problems with the new email, but think it's safe to say to that person, the small font is probably more a cause from Windows 8.  One thing you can do.is to hit Cntrl on your keyboard and simultaneously hold down the + key.  This will enlarge the font and likewise hitting ctrl and the - sign will reduce them back again.  It's late now, but I will be sharing the mega problems I am having with the new email.  I'm very frustrated and hoping to find some enlightenment/solutions to my problems with same. Granted, I am far from possessing any pc expertise.  By the way, on hitting the ctrl and + keys on your board, you're likely to get frustrated if you're sending an email with the enlargement, because then you won't be able to proofread (as you go) all or your email, because you can't see everything you've typed to that point. Think this is what's called a "catch 22" situation.

5 of 5 (286 Views)