Posted Oct 15, 2010
12:46:48 PM
Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!

2.69 in Indy - was over 2.80 earlier this week!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
720 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(720)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 3, 2011 9:25:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

That one on Memorial, I see a lot of older folks there; guessing some may not drive much away from home, and the station is in the neighborhood.  Now the one on Richmond, I can't explain.  Maybe not everyone watches their gauges as closely as we do? :smileysurprised:

I think they're much higher in Detroit and Chicago. :smileysad:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 3, 2011 10:53:01 AM
(0)
Professor

Oh i can imangine their prices upstate! i know i remember gas in the 1.70 range and i thought THAT was too high. lol.  now when i turn the car on, it cost me 5bucks.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 3, 2011 11:05:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

RicoLX wrote:
i wonder what gas prices are in Michigan area and  Chicago.

Not good at all in the Bay City/Saginaw Area. The price for a single gallon has soared to $3.89 at the nearby BP. :smileyindifferent: Fortunately, Kroger has cheaper gas, and it's less than a mile down the Euclid strip. Gas there is $3.60 per gallon...WITH a Kroger card...

It was horrifyingly amazing earlier, today. We went out and got gas after church and the lines at the pumps were outrageous! There were cars line up at the pumps, three or four in line after one another, at every pump! It was almost as if it were "Black Friday" all over again, except, this was for the cheapest price on gas!

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 3, 2011 11:15:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Are you in MI, WB, like RC?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 3, 2011 11:15:28 AM
(0)
Professor
Oh wow, sounds like the flashback to the first ever citywide evacuation of the natio s 4th largest city. I was stuck with trying to get gasoline for two days before finally running out in middle of nowbere on a higbway. Fortunatly I wasnt the only one and the military actually got everyone filled up and on our way. When will thes prices level off and maybe go down again :smileysad:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 3, 2011 12:02:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

spd2demun wrote:

Are you in MI, WB, like RC?

Yes. Bay City is the town. We're always an hour or two ahead of the rest of y'all. :smileywink:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 4, 2011 5:44:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

3.89 in Grand Rapids MI

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 4, 2011 5:49:41 AM
(0)
Professor
Wow shoe, looks we are hurting all over

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 4, 2011 7:31:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Saw the 3.89 nonsense for the first time, last night but the Circle K still had it for 3.55.  Swifty (a cut rate station if there ever was) was 3.59 this morning.  Cheap?  No but somewhat less expensive.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 4, 2011 7:47:54 AM
(0)
Professor
Circle-K, I remember those. Yep it is sign of the times when we see 3.59 as the cut rate..... Sad all over.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 4, 2011 8:02:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Average around here is $3.95, wouldn't be surprised to see $4.00 by the end of the week.:smileysad: Most stations inside Chicago city limits are already over $4.00.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 4, 2011 8:11:12 AM
(0)
Professor
Wow, I took a look back at the first post in this discussion. Gasoline price trending is close to, if not already in some locations, doubled! :smileysad:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 5, 2011 9:45:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You'd have liked seeing how far we really went back (original was lost in the merge). :smileysad:

I saw several $3.79s yesterday in the Galleria area!

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 5, 2011 9:53:43 AM
(0)
Professor
3.79..? Double uuuuuuuugggggghh!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 6, 2011 2:57:16 AM
(0)
Professor

Aahhhhhh, the good ole days....!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 6, 2011 8:22:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yeah, it's all relative!

Paid $3.47 today.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 6, 2011 8:43:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

RicoLX wrote:

Aahhhhhh, the good ole days....!

Rico,  The bottom sign mentions April 2011.  Misprint or closed station?  I'll take the free burgers and beer.

On one street in Indy, a closed station displayed 98.9 for years and countless numbers of drivers tried to turn into the barricaded station. :smileywink:  I almost did, the first time but the prices that day at oipen stations were just above a dollar. 

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 6, 2011 8:46:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I think Rico has a habit of photoshopping signs, LOL!

.98 would sound cheap now, but would have been high in the olden days (when they gave away free drinking glasses, steak knives, stamps to save/redeem for goods).  I can remember gas wars when prices were in the teens...I am old. :smileysad:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 6, 2011 8:57:22 AM
(0)
Professor
Spd: heh heh... Can't I hold on to that past for just a little bit longer? Reality's bleep-slapping me, over and again, but I just cant come to terms with todays gasoline prices... :smileyvery-happy: :smileywink:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 6, 2011 9:02:54 AM
(0)
Professor
Dhascall, very good obsrvation. For a price like that, the store MUST be closed....or soon will be within an hour at those prices. :smileywink: :smileyvery-happy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 9, 2011 10:27:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Know what you mean Spd and I worked at a gas station when only 17. Gal of gas, or pack of cigs, take your pick at 26 cents each. Little returnable bottles of coke were a dime. Plus we gave out free steak knives & other freebies with a fill-up, as you mentioned, but hardly gave any away. A fill-up was waaay too expensive. :smileyvery-happy:

But if you had the money for a fill up we would clean all the windows, check/top all the fluids, put air in the tires, etc.. Full service instead of no service. :smileywink:

Between $3.80 - $3.85 here. :smileymad:

spd2demun wrote:

.98 would sound cheap now, but would have been high in the olden days (when they gave away free drinking glasses, steak knives, stamps to save/redeem for goods).  I can remember gas wars when prices were in the teens...I am old. :smileysad:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2011 2:11:27 AM
(0)
Professor
By the time I got behind the wheel, gas was around 1.50 for reg. I think there was the beginning of self service and only one "full service" pump with the price always just a little higher...to have someone pump the gas for you. Thats all they did too. Kind of remind me how kids today never seen the good ole days of albums/vynle but only know cds, dvd, htv, drv, w.i.i. Ask'em about mtv and they laff. The only wii WE knew about were the three Bacon bros that used to git bullied by the Wolf boys . :smileyvery-happy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2011 2:30:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

:smileyvery-happy:  I think most kids don't know about CDs, only mp3s and streaming (and Torrents). :smileysad:  They know about DLP theaters and IMAX, and mostly stream or download movies (why ATT is going to start capping us...j/k!).  It's a whole different world.

A few stations around town will give a cash discount, remember those?  But they don't advertise it openly until you pull up and read the fine print.  Mostly Valero and Phillips 66 that I've seen.  Who carries that MUCH cash to fill up their tank today? :smileysad:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2011 3:27:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Local news outlets report that within the next 48 hours prices in the Grand Rapids Michigan market will go to 4 dollars a gallon

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2011 3:30:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

:smileysad:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2011 8:03:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I can not understand why the oil companies don't see this as a bad thing with the economy in the shape its in

like this is not adding more coffin nails to the overall problem.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2011 8:20:39 AM
(0)
Professor
...... the rich get richer.......

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2011 7:11:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Drove into one station here in Detroit yesterday and prices were 4.01 per gallon.  I drove back out and found one where I paid 3.95.:smileysurprised:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 11, 2011 6:17:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

You know what blows?  When you pay $3.63 / gal, like I did yesterday and think that you are getting a bargain.  :smileysurprised: :smileysad:  It was $3.69-3.79 just 5 blocks away.   It wasn't out of my way to save $1.50 but I was a bit afraid that i would run out before I got there.  The free Gasbuddy app saved the day and $1.50. :smileywink:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 11, 2011 2:00:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
$3.99 per gallon here in Bay City. :smileysad: