07-11-2012 11:41:54 AM
I have had this same issue for years......
I agree about getting the run-around with tech support for years.... most don’t listen to the issue I'm reporting and just want to reset my password or clear my browser cookies.
ISSUE: Unable to login at uverseonline.att.net .
Results when I try to login are and yes I am using my primary email account which does work for att.com and att.net.
a. I either get a error message with a apology and try again later or
b. It just loops back to same page.
Things tried with same results:
a. Original computer was XP Professional using IE8.
b. Tried different XP computer with IE8 (All updates current)
c. Tried on system Windows Vista, IE 8 (All updates current)
d. Tried on system with Windows 7 (All updates current)
e. On all systems tried, disabled all firewall and security software, in windows and Norton.
f. On all systems tried, cleared all IE cookies, history, and reset all settings to default.
g. Tried in different browsers and versions: Firefox, Chrome;
h. On all systems/browsers tried, added website to trusted internet sites in IE, Firefox, Norton and router.
i. On all systems, upgraded to IE9 and tried in both 32 bit and 64 bit.
j. Tried at neighbor’s house who could login to uverseonline.att.net with his username and password but I could not???
k. Tried accessing from att.net yahoo page Uverse links after login to my account using my primary login email address and password.
l. Gone to AT&T support page, knowledge base etc. and researched issue and uneventful.
m. Goggled issue and found many others with the same exact issue dating back to 2008 and frustrated with same results with AT&T Support as I and no resolution.
n. Goggled and Ask searched for issue resolution but found none.
o. Read all information on AT&T Uverse page about what features are supposed to be available and how to connect to view Uverse TV programs I should be able to see being a subscriber.
Now each time I called in over the years (1 - 2 hours) I explain all the above and stated that all previous calls to tech support were unsuccessful and that I wanted to be transferred or to escalate issue to 2nd tier support. Here is what would usually happen:
1. No to little T/S notes from previous calls;
2. Unfortunately half the time I was told they could resolve that issue and start to trouble shoot, but it was obvious they were just not listening and tryed to reset my password and repeat some of the same steps I I and previous techsI have already done.
3. Would get run around and have to speak with a supervisor to get transferred to tier 2 but would only be given info that I would be called within 24 to 48 hours... never get call backs.
4. If I was transferred, 90% time it was to the wrong area, back into same que, cold transferred to wrong area etc.
5. Each area transferred to would say it was not their issue another area's issue , Uverse issue, yahoo, a email password issue, web site issue etc.. passing the buck so to speak.
Now I Here is some of the outlandish things I've been told by AT&T support and senior techs at level 1. I have to include because they are really out there!
a. WHAT IS UVERSE?
b. As an Uverse subscriber, the option to view TV programs on the computer is not an option. Even after giving them the url for Uverse information that it is an option they would stick with their story.
c. To view Uverse on my PC I would need to purchase special hardware or software and try to transfer me to sales.
STATUS TO DATE:
Several weeks ago I missed a show I really was looking forward to but missed. I bit my tongue and decided to try uverseonline once more… same issue. I called tech support and still got the same old routine.
However this time I insisted firmly and franticly to have this issue resolved. However this time I also completed an online survey and slammed my lack of support.
After no call back I finally called back into support and to my surprise I finally spoke to a tech that was really concerned, listened and took ownership. They did escalate the issue and setup a call back from Tier2 support who also took ownership.
From my latest status update call, this is what I understand who has been involved but no resolution found to date:
- They connected remotely into my PC and verified all the above;
- When they use my login and password they too get the same issue;
- They reset my account ;
- So far the following engineers have been or still involved:
- YAHOO website
- YAHOO database
- AT&T website att.net and att.com
- Uverse website
- AT&T database