08-18-2010 08:59:40 PM
I just got my new LG GU295 phone and I'm trying to set my mp3 file which I transferred from my PC as the ringtone but it won't let me for some reason.
My old phone was able to do it I can't see why this one isn't letting me.
Any help would be appreciated.
08-19-2010 05:33:38 AM
MP3s must be less that 300kb or they cannot be used as ringtones.
10-21-2010 06:43:07 AM
I'm afraid I need more specific info on this process of creating a ringtone. I have created an MP3 file that is less than 300KB. It is like 128kbps so should be low enough to function as a ringtone. I have transfered it to my phone using a data cable both through SYNC in Windows Media Player and also as a straight copy of the file to the phone external memory.
In both cases, I can find and play the "song" through the Music Player on the GU295, but I see no option to set it as the ringtone. It does not appear in the list of "sounds" that can be selected from the Ringtones menu.
The same thing with pictures. I do not see a way to get pictures not taken with the phone camera copied to the phone's memory so that they show in the pictures viewing area.
Is there some folder I need to create on my phone for the ringtones and pictures?
10-21-2010 09:23:56 AM
I'm replying to my own question here!
1. Go to Settings/Connections/USB and make sure it is set to MASS STORAGE. Mine was set to Music Sync.
2. Connect Data Cable to phone and computer USB port
3. Pull up Explorer (not Internet Explorer).
4. Look towards the bottom and your phone will probably show up as a Removable Drive. Open that up.
5. The first folder is AUDIO. You can copy your ringtone from your computer to that folder.
6. Disconnect phone from computer.
7. Go to Settings/Audio Ringtones/Ringtones/Sounds. At that point your ringtone should appear. Just select it and you are off to the races.
Note that I've read that you have to have a ringtone that is under 300kb in size and that it has to be 128kbps in bitrate.
I think you can do similar manipulations of date with pictures in uploading and downloading them from your computer as well. The key issue is that you have to have Connections/USB set to Mass Storage before it will work.
10-28-2010 02:06:50 PM
From what I remember it must be under 600KB and less than 30 seconds in length. This is mainly for feature/12-key devices like yours.
03-10-2011 02:29:32 PM
I just added some custom MP3's for ringtones and those that were over 300k did not show up on the list. I converted them to a smaller size, less than 300k and they worked fine . . .