07-11-2012 10:19:22 AM - last edited on 07-11-2012 11:12:06 AM by Phil-101
I have a samsung sgh-i607 Blackjack and i am pretty sure that its already unlocked. I live in India. Two of my friends use Nokia C2-01 and samsung galaxy Y and they get 3G network coverage and good speed easily while I never do. My blackjack is running windows 6. I have selected 'Auto' from the adminsettings menu ----> Network and call settings but I always catch Edge and when I try to switch it to WCDMA, it shows no sercice means no network of 3G
I know 3G network where I live is quite good as my friends use it. so, any help????? pleaseeeee....
I mean if there is any other setting to turn on 3G or HSDPA from anywhere else???/
Thanx in advance...... ^_^
[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]
07-13-2012 10:48:25 AM
Can you pleaseeeeeeeeeeee help me with my cellphone as its never getting 3G network while my other friends get.
I have 'samsung sgh-i607 Blackjack'smartphone running windows 6.
It has network options : Auto, WCDMA, and GSM.
If I select Auto or GSM I always get Edge coverage but if i select WCDMA, then network goes 0 and shows 'no service'.
I use TATA DOCOMO and 3G is activated already.
Is it necessary to have a WCDMA sim-card for using 3G. two of my friends use 3G in same area with Nokia C2-01 and Samsung Galaxy Y and they use same kinda gsm sim-card.
I have read many blogs but rare Indians use this phone so I never get exact help.
thanks a lott in advance.... ^_^
this is the biggest problem i want to solve about my cellphone .... so , if u help i will be very grateful... )))
07-13-2012 05:56:28 PM
The Blackjack *IS* a Windows Mobile device, this sub-forum is the appropriate place to post...
What SIM card are you using? Is it an AT&T SIM card? Your sympstoms sound just like when someone tries to use a phone with different 3G frequencies. Please tell us more about your situation, what major city are you near, which SIM card, how long you've had the device, when the problem started, did it EVER get 3G signal with this SIM?
07-15-2012 12:31:08 AM
@McHale72: Thanxxx... I live in India, so here its a different service provider "TATA DOCOMO" and not AT&T ... But, as I said my friends are getting 3G network in same province with same sim card.... I am using Blackjack from last 2 years and I upgraded it to windows 6 last year... As I remember, Before upgrading, it used to catch 3G networks at some place using 'Auto' option . but now nowhere...
Its software version now is i607UCHA1
And I don't think Windows 7.5 is available for Blackjack.... and also the 'windows update' option which is available in the settings menu always shows error, "Update Server not found."
other than this, if you know about any upgrades or updates available please let me know ...
Thanx a lot for the help...... ^_^
07-15-2012 01:42:29 PM
That's what I thought.
1. The phone probably isn't compatible with the 3G frequencies in your area. American phones get American 3G frequencies. Find out what the frequencies are for your carrier. Cingular/AT&T uses 850 and 1900.
2. Your phone will not be upgradeable to Windows Phone 7 or beyond. To get the latest version (which I highly recommend), you would need to buy a new phone.
07-19-2012 08:21:13 AM
hmm... But I think 3G frequencies you said are available here...
Ugh... This phone(Blackjack) isn't much famous in India so I never get someone who is expert in this phone... or in 3G..
Looks like I'll have to continue using 2G until I get a new 3G phone..
07-24-2012 09:14:56 AM
The carrier is TATA DOCOMO .
But I think problem is in the Blackjack ... maybe some settings....
there are so many settings for setting frquencies, enabling- disabling HSDPA....blah ...blah.... in the debuug screen..
my friends use 3G in cheaper phones using same carrier.... so, I am kinda jealous.... bcoz Blackjack is far more better phone than their phones....
uhmm.... One more doubt... files received via Bluetooth are saved in phone memory and phone memory is quite less....
and there's no setting for changing the default bluetooth memory to memory card,...so, can you please help??
07-24-2012 09:25:04 AM
The Blackjack supports 850, 1900, 2100 for 3G. And Tata uses 1900 and 2100 so that's not the problem. However, THIS sounds like it addresses your problem: http://broadbandforum.in/tata-docomo/75765-bad-new
07-24-2012 09:31:44 AM
I am having a few more problems...so I am asking them altogether.... ... will be much grateful to get a solution..
1) Can bluetooth version or java version be updated or upgraded ?
2) java applications kept on asking permissions... I cracked the apps and now I have 'BLANKET' option in permissions of http and some other... But still the apps don't have have permissions to access the phone storage or memory card through the file manager of java browsers( operamini and UC browser )... due to which I can't give download path and so I can't download anything... I use opera mobile ( .cab) version and there is no problem in that but I noticed that java versions of browser are faster... so, I want full access to java browsers....So, can you please help with the permissions for accessing phone storage and memory card ??? ))
3)My OS version is i607UCHA1 Windows 6 standard...so, is it the latest version??? or any updates available ... like windows 6.1 or 6.5 ?? Total phone storage= 54.8 Mb .....Memory(RAM) = 48.9 Mb.
4) Is there wifi in samsung blackjack ?? I still have much confusion with that... connection menu contains VPN, Proxy and GPRS option..while I use only GPRS option to use internet...so, I'll like to know how to use VPN and Proxy?.
Thanx a lot... in advance... )))) .^_^
07-24-2012 09:39:25 AM
hmmm... I read that forum....but its from this year from last month....
anyways, I am on a 2G pack now, so I'll try to use 3G after it ends and then get back if any problem exists....
till, then try to help me with my problems... )))