08-24-2009 01:08:01 PM - edited 08-24-2009 01:08:50 PM
Hi everyone, and welcome to the Wireless forums from AT&T. The people reading and answering your posts need help in getting you the best answer. Please read this message for insight into how to write your question. When posting requests for help, please be as specific as possible about the issue, rather than saying "it doesn't work" or "HELP", give detailed information.
Also, please be advised that when posting to the forums, you must adhere to the Wireless Forums Usage Guidelines.
The following are tips to get the best responses in the forum:
· Search before posting Use the "Search" box to see if someone has already asked and answered your question.
· Post a public question, not a Private Message (PM) While there are some experts on the site, it is preferred that you post a message to the forum, rather than sending a PM to a particular person. Those folks that are here love to help others, but find their time most valuable if they get to answer a question that multiple people can see the answer to.
· Write good titles Put a short description of your problem
· Post in the correct area Make sure your question goes into the correct forum. The Lounge and Forum Feedback boards are not the places to post phone and service questions. The Lounge is for off topic post of a light hearted nature and the Forum Feedback board is for questions or offering suggestions pertaining to the community at large.
· Provide details Be sure to give relevant information:
1. Describe the nature of your problem or inquiry i.e... Billing, Online, Service, Equipment, and Feature etc.
2. If equipment related, list make and model of the device or laptop connect card
3. If equipment related; list troubleshooting steps already performed
4. Recent changes to the account; i.e.. The addition or removal of any feature
· Watch for Feedback Subscribe to email updates for your question and/or check your question frequently for responses. Answer promptly any requests for additional information.
· Mark it "Solved" If your problem was solved by any of the suggestions or assistance provided by the members, mark it solved. This will help others with similar issues find the solution.
· Provide Feedback If a resolution is obtained through another method other than the forums, i.e.. customer service, technical support; please provide the steps taken to obtain that resolution.
AT&T Moderator Staff