Re: AT&T 3G Microcell and Verizon FIOS
07-05-2010 08:29:09 AM
Confirmed: FIOS ROUTER (MI424WR) needs to be reconfigured to work with MicroCell. By default the router config will not work - the "3G" light will blink forever.
What I had to do:
(1) Connected via http://192.168.1.1. Default "admin" password or "password" or "password1" did not work. Had to do hard reset. Press into the red hole marked "Reset" on MI424WR with paperclick for 10 seconds.
(2) After hard reset, you will be prompted to enter your password anew. I set mine to "password1" (not too original, but whatever).
(3) Set the MicroCell IP address as the "DMZ Host".
(4) Also, set the MicroCell for STATIC LEASE (under advanced).
(5) Now, you MUST POWER CYCLE the MI424WR to get it to re-sync with the coax.
(6) To "Fix" the problem, set the router as the
(7) Finally, power cycle the MicroCell and reconnect.