Re: Westell 6200 modem
02-11-2012 08:09:28 PM
I apologize this didn't resolve the issue. There may be an issue with one or both of the computers setup up for a static IP address.
If your using a windows computer please do the following
1. On your keyboard please hold down the windows button and press the letter "R"
2. In the run box please type "ncpa.cpl"
3. In you network connections window please right click on your Local Area Connection and select Properties
4. On this list you should see TCP/IP ( if your using Vista or 7 you will see TCP/IPv4 )
5. Select TCP/IP and under the selection box click on Properties
6. Make sure that both of the radio buttons that are selected are "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically" - If either of these are not selected please select automatic for both and click "OK" at the bottom of the screens and then restart your computer.
If this is a computer issue than this may resolve the problem. Please let me know if this fixes your issue.
I am an AT&T ConnecTech employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
I'm here to help with any technical issues you may have but if you need advanced ConnecTech support over the phone, please visit the
ConnecTech website or call 1-800-344-1734 (Phone support is available 8 am – 11 pm Central Time, 7 days a week)