Re: Windows Phone Update 8107
01-28-2012 12:01:00 AM
All ATT need to do is put up a SINGLE page for their Smartphone devices (WP7 included) and maintain a quick and easy 1-stop location for all the Software Updates being managed by ATT.
So create the Update Table....listing Device / OS / Update version no. then...(examples based on WP7)
1. When an update is announced by an OEM or (more likely) Microsoft - please add it straight to the page!
2. Even just showing you are aware of it helps us (eg there are 2 updates post mango min.)
3. Use the version numbers that line up with the MS Update history - eg 7740 or 8107.
4. Then add a status for them, suggestions being:
- Update XXXX - Not yet received from MS/OEM
- Update XXXX - Received from MS/OEM - not yet in test.
- Update XXXX - In Network testing.
- Update XXXX - Not Approved - awaiting MS/OEM amendment.
- Update XXXX - Approved, Scheduling Deployment
- Update XXXX - Deployed (this should be staged over X period to all users, check via Zune PC client).
How simple is this? Engage your customers and treat them with a little respect. Not like you don't give a #^$* about them and make us all think that "we will get our darn updates if ATT ruddy well feel like kicking some scraps of their table to the rabble".