Re: Windows Phone Update 8107
03-21-2012 06:36:53 AM
More pertinent questions are;
* Why aren't ATT supporting the warranty perriod for phones like the Samsung Focus by approving and deploying bug-fix updates like 8107?
* Why have they basically EOL (end-of-lifed) the Samsung Focus, also preventing updates for features like Internet Sharing/Tethering (which the Samsung Omnia 7 Gen1 device received)?
* Why do ATT refuse to treat their US customers, as a premiere launch partner with MS for Windows Phone - with basic respect and decency by being honest on their position of updates for Gen1 devices?
* What makes ATT feel they can do what they are now, when carriers all over the world have approved and deployed key updates such as Tethering and 8107 weeks or months ago?
* What does ATT stand to gain by the stance they are taking on WP7 updates for Gen1 devices? Are we to assume from their public actions (or lack thereof) that they have put the commerical interest of selling new devices ahead of existing customers - and have treated the latter with contempt and arrogance.
* Where is the independant Carrier regulator in the US and why has this situation not been raised with them if they exist (like they do here in Australia)?
* Are any WP7 ATT customers shareholders, and if so - have you considered attending an ATT AGM or 1/2 yearly results public shareholder meeting (if held in the US) to raise questions and make them accountable for their actions?
And that's before we even touch on the unsatisfactory "soft" response from Microsoft US form a page or so back.
Organise, Vocalise and Lobby/Take action !!!!