Mentor
New Reality
Re: AT&T to begin unlocking off-contract iPhones this Sunday, April 8th

wingrider01 wrote:

Maybe because the press release has the terms of unlock that SPECIFICLY states this, or did you not read the restrictions. No account no unlock - period. Unless the phone is unlocked prior to being put on fleabay or cragslist the person that purchases it cannot call att and say "You pwease unlock my iphone" the answer will still be the same - No way. As far as a "contrct in good standing" that is already been discusses, especially for upgrade eligibility - missed payments, late payments equate a moved upgrade date. I define a "account in good standing" as one that ha paid on time for the duration of their contract woth us, not sure how you would consider it. The thousands of current att iphones (some brand new in box never been activated) that are on fleabay and craigslist, the ones that that where purchased playing the international currency game prior to 04/08 are not going to be unlocked according to the att upper manangemt statments that was made.

So you are going to submit your "currently on contract phones" after they are no longer associated with a active term commitment?

"Beginning Sunday, April 8, we will offer qualifying customers the ability to unlock their AT&T iPhones. The only requirements are that a customer's account must be in good standing, their device cannot be associated with a current and active term commitment on an AT&T customer account, and they need to have fulfilled their contract term, upgraded under one of our upgrade policies or paid an early termination fee."

For a guy who always throws the TOS at people, when it's convenient, all of a sudden you're putting stock in what some AT&T executive may have said.  Is it in writing from AT&T?

I thought you were the guy who had to see it in writing, from AT&T, before you would believe anything.

For example, if a customer missed a payment due to job loss, but caught up, is that deemed an account in good standing?

Weren't you the guy who, last week, said there will be no AT&T unlocks in the foreseeable future?  Didn't you write that?

:smileyhappy: