TerraPhantm
Re: AT&T to begin unlocking off-contract iPhones this Sunday, April 8th
[ Edited ]

wingrider01 wrote:

cacophony555 wrote:

TerraPhantm wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

cacophony555 wrote:

If "good standing" includes active, then why would AT&T use the phrase "current and in good standing" in various places on their site? it would be redundant.

Also, from the definition of "good standing" on wikipedia:

"A person or organisation in good standing is regarded as having complied with all his or its explicit obligations"

I think you're reading too much into the term "qualifying customers". We shall see soon though.

Suspect you are ignoring it because you are in denial - seems prety straight forward - qualifying customer not sure what you can read into that, epsecially is the word customer is spelled out as it is in the press release.

My applications support department only gives support to "qualifying customers" with the products we create and market, aka you have a valid contract with us and it is current no contract no support, they are not "qualifying cusotmers"

A closed or no account is not a qualified, it is not in good standing

Why do they say "...and they need to have fulfilled their contract term, upgraded under one of our upgrade policies or paid an early termination fee" if that's the case? As far as I'm aware, they don't let you pay the etf unless you're actually closing the account. At least I was told I couldn't when I asked a few months ago.

Exactly. The ETF clause  makes it quite clear that the customer does't have to be a current customer to get the unlock.

you do realize that a current customer can pay a etf and still retain their account right? All it does is remove that particular phone from the two year commitment. the press release still states "qualifying custoner"

It is all swags until the official statement comes out - your interpertation and other people's interpertation

No you can't. One of my lines was ineligible for an upgrade when the 4S came out, and it would've been cheaper for me to pay the etf than to pay the early upgrade fee. I inquired about doing this and they said it's not possible. I even mentioned how I could conceivably switch carriers and actually save money compared to the early upgrade fee; they still couldn't do anything. The csr said if I paid the etf, my account would close right then and there, and I would not be able to open another AT&T account until 30 days have passed. So I just bought a factory unlocked 4S for that particular line.

Unless you're an AT&T executive, your interpretation is no more valid than anyone else's.
Posted from Apple iPad