ACE - Professor
21stNow
My Device: Moto X, Galaxy S4
Re: AT&T to begin unlocking off-contract iPhones this Sunday, April 8th

youngjm wrote:

I just tried to have my iPhone unlocked but my 4 is not due to be out of contract for another 2 months.  The agent was very nice and quick.

I really cannot complain as long as all the reps do follow the same rules as intended.  If they are consistent, that will go along way to not having some who should or should not get their iPhones unlocked properly.  If they are inconsistent, this board will get out of hand quickly.

Interesting.  I'm guessing that you are eligible for an upgrade to another device now.  If you are in a hurry to unlock your iPhone, upgrade to a new phone and get your old iPhone unlocked.  

I got my iPhone 4 in July 2010 and was full upgrade eligible in March 2012.  I upgraded my phone in March and am waiting for my unlock information email for my iPhone 4 on April 16th.  I can let you know if everything goes well on the 16th.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.